Friday, January 4, 2008

King Frosty & Princess Frostine




Snow arrived perfectly in time on Christmas Eve day. Steve and the kids headed outside first thing in the morning to build a snowman, and accessorized it with a snowman kit from Grandma Pat that we haven't been able to use the last four years because snow does not exist in Gilbert, AZ. I came out a little later, finally ready to brave the cold, and helped Sophie build a second snowman to call her own. Maxwell named his snowman King Frosty. When I asked Sophie what she wanted to name hers, with Max suggesting that she be a princess, Sophie quickly named her Princess Frostine, after the character from Candyland. It took me a moment to realize how fitting the name was. Our snow people were loved by all passersby, which was evident by all the waves and honks from strangers. They lived short lives (approximately 1.5 weeks) but fulfilled their missions!
The little girl in the picture with Sophie is our neighbor, Olivia, who is a ball of fun energy. Steve and her Dad were busy shoveling lots of driveways while we took this picture, and then we barraged them with snowballs!

9 comments:

browntowntwenty1 said...

Yeah! It looks like you got the pictures I sent. That is seriously the best snow man I have ever seen!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Lyric, I did admire the snowman as well! My kids loved seeing them too! I thought about making a snow man (not really, the kids wanted to but I HATE being cold so I chickened out) but after seeing yours I knew we couldn't compete so we threw in the towel. :)

Kim said...

Such a cute idea...Mr. Potato head parts for snowmen...what a great idea!!!

Kristen said...

fun! They are the best lookin snow-royalty I have ever seen :)

Nicole said...

Those are the cutest snowmen EVER!!! Ours never look like that. =(
You guys are so cute. So fun to have a white Christmas I bet too, after so much brown for 3 years.

Eardley Fam said...

Wow,snow! After going on 5 years of not living in it I don't know if I could go back-even though the snowmen are super cute and look like lots of fun. My favorite are Sophie's boots-are they still called moon boots like back in my day b/c I had a pair of moon boots just like them! Love em!!

Amy said...

I was so dissapointed we were out of town for the best snow of the year! Your snow people looks awesome and I love the names your kids came up with!

Rachel said...

Hi! I saw you on Brooks blog. Hope you're loving your new place. Your snow men do look incredible and I am jealous you had a white Christmas. See ya!

brooke romney said...

Okay, that looks fun, but not nearly as fun as playing at the park. are you sure you don't want to move back to your real home.