Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Winter Wonderland

My beautiful parents with their youngest grandchild.

Maxwell, McKay, Cutler, Landon and Baby Adam
(Did only Maxwell and McKay get the crazy face memo?)

Sicily and Sophie
(The lip gloss in Sicily's hand is a permanent fixture...
on the verge of an addiction!)


Steve and Justin going brokeback!


Uncle Joe with Adam
(My way too picky bachelor brother...who we still adore!)


The long trek!


Cousin McKay in the front looks like he has a "special" problem
but he just loves to make silly camera faces!


Blogging tip: some people (like me) post their pictures in a format
that allows you to click on the picture to see it larger.
Test this tip on the picture above if you want to see something
other than a whole bunch of heads with snow hats!

All my posts seem to be delayed. I feel a bit guilty when I read someone else's romantic post about their husband...on his actual birthday or the actual day of their anniversary. Guilt often leads to digression, but I decided that blogging is my way of journaling, and I have never felt guilty about not journaling (even after countless church lessons on the importance of keeping a journal), so why should I feel guilty about delayed blogging. So I won't anymore. I will blog at my convenience!

The weekend after Christmas the Smith Family celebrated our 3rd annual winter trip to McCall. McCall is a charming little mountain town about 2 hours away from Boise. We rented two beautiful and comfortable condos and packed them tight with siblings and cousins. All but one of my 10 siblings were able to come this year - the missing one being my little sister missionary, Cali, who could have made it but she decided to extend her mission even amidst much family protest.

We found a great sledding hill (notice the picture of a massive line of people trudging along) which we thought would be a great ride for the kids, but after one bloody nose, all three 5 year olds in tears, and a back injury we decided the hill was better suited for the X-Games! We also played games, skied, ate yummy food, and laughed way too much.

12 comments:

Jenni said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with belated blogging. It still gets saved for the future that is all that matters.
McCall is great, we just went up last weekend and I really like it. I want to know where that sledding hill is, it looks like a blast. Maybe just not with kids. That is one long hike!

Nead Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I wish my family lived that close to do things like that! Don't feel guilty....we love to see your entries even if they happened a looonnnngggg time ago!!

Amy said...

Go ahead, blog at your own pace... I still enjoy it :) What a fun family tradition. It's so great that you have so much family close and are able to enjoy stuff like this together. Now I want to visit McCall even more than before!!

Kristen said...

Lyric, you never dissapoint, keep blogging no matter how delayed, i love to read! :) What fun!!!! Im still laughing over your brokeback comment!

Mitchell Family said...

The train of your HUGE family going up the hill cracks me! That looks like a blast!

Nicole said...

What a fun family get together, with everyone together. It looks like everyone had fun & what fun without a few tears and a little blood? Also, blogging has become a journal for me too. My journals sounds like yours, written when convienent, or I remembered, not always in chronological order. The way you do it is great for you and your fam. We just love reading and keeping up with you guys, on the same day it happens or not.

Kim said...

What a great group family picture...I love it!!!
And don't worry about being a delayed blogger...that just means you have more important things to do with your life then to just blog...like poor pathetic little me!!!

Kirk and Aly said...

Sounds like a great time! Your family is all so cute together! I didn't even recognize Max in that first picture with his new haircut. What a cutie!

T.J. JOE said...

I love your blog! Someday I might get the hang of it. Right now I have to have TJ send my comment for me, because I dont know how to do it under my name. I am so glad to be able to see your family and hear about you guys. I would love to be at the candle lighting thing. Your first tear wouldnt drop before mine. I dont even need to know what you are crying about, I just have to cry because you are. talk to you later! April

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and adventurous Christmas you had! I grew up in McCall. I love the snow but am always glad to come home here to Meridian where it's safer to drive in! We'll have to hit the slopes sometime together!
Love,
Bonnie

Ashlee said...

WOW! That's a lot of Smith's! You all took "multiply and replenish the earth" quite literally- there's no spirit of the law about it! I know some have said there's nothing wrong with delayed blogging, but I happen to disagree. Those of us who hang on your every word have a right to know what's going on as soon as it happens or we'll feel left out! Just something for you to think about!
Ash

Biddle Family said...

hey we have to leave McCall our little secret...shhhhh