Friday, December 21, 2007

The Precious Locks Are No More





We finally did it. We cut Maxwell's precious locks off. Okay, they weren't precious to him, just to Steve and I, and maybe some family and friends who got attached to the glorious strands. Steve and I had discussed the matter several times but just couldn't find the courage to take action. A bad haircut from me is what finally sealed the deal. I trim Maxwell's hair every 4 weeks or so, only cutting approximately 1.5 inches, but last week I was a little less precise with the scissors and gave him a minor mullet. So rather than try to fix the bad haircut myself I decided it was high time he had a haircut from a professional. The morning of I decided that maybe it was time for short and spiky. I really loved his hair, but he definitely had good and bad hair days, which just isn't right for a boy. The day after we washed his hair was always the worst hair days because it didn't have enough build-up yet to be styleable (you all know what I mean), and then everyday thereafter got better. I am making it sound like he went weeks without a washing, but it was usually just 3 or 4 days. I took him to Great Clips in a really bad hair state (mullet and bed head), and we had the most friendly hairdresser I have ever met, Tonya, as our professional. She did a wonderful job, but Steve and I were still in mourning for 2 days. Although it was very fun to kiss his skinny little neck, because we hadn't seen the back of it for a long long time. I am now accustomed to his new look, and have not yet decided if the locks will be grown back or not. For the time being, I love that it only takes 30 seconds rather than 3 minutes to do his hair. Also, I think Max likes it because I told him it makes him look 6, instead of 5 1/2!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks so handsome and grown up. I love it. (Noah thinks it's way cool too, and now wants a perm so he can have a curly spike!!)

Brooke Romney said...

Well, I love it. But, I am a short hair kinda gal. SOOOO cute. I cna't beleive you didn't tell me about it. I'm pretty sure we've talked about 4 times this week. Give his skinny little neck a hug for me!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

6??? He looks about 10! I can't believe what a little MAN he is becoming! Soo adorable.

Nicole said...

The curls we sooo very cute, but, I agree with everyone, he looks very handsome and older. I bet he even looked cute with the little mullet. That Max is one good looking kid!

Eardley Fam said...

Oh my word he went from like age 5 to age 8! He looks super big now and I can't believe that is the little Max we knew when we started dental school. He of course is still as handsome as ever.

Dunn's said...

Max, you look very grown up. I love it!

Jamie Christensen said...

Max you look soooo grown up. Love it.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Hey Lyric! I just found your blog! Max looks so cute! I noticed his cute short hair at church on Sunday! You are right, he does look more like 6 now! ;)