Friday, November 30, 2007

Never a Dull Moment With the Girls!

A girls' night out can be successful with a few main ingredients, fun girls, good food, topics of interest (like my sister divulging her secret that she has been dating someone for the last month) and great husbands who encourage this behavior while they stay home with the kids. As you can probably guess this particular girls' night was a huge success! I have the funnest sisters and sister-in-laws and Mom and niece ever. We all get along so well and laugh so hard when we are together. P.F. Changs always provides good grub, and is one of those restaurants that accommodates sharing. Anyone who has been out to eat with me knows that I love to share. Why not have half of a really good salad and half of another delicious entree'. I think people who don't like to share are just plain crazy. I would like to give an official shout out to all my friends who oblige in my sharing habit with me...you know who you are! Back to the girls' night...we had great conversation, with the most prolific topic being my sister, Hilary's, dating life. She had confided in me about this great guy she had been dating for the past few weeks, or rather I had forced the information out of her, but no one else in the family knew. Before arriving at the restaurant I called Hilary to see if she was going to spill the secret, and she said that she would not bring it up but if someone happened to ask if she were dating anyone new then she would divulge. I had to do my sisterly duty and very nonchalantly (not really), during a lull in the conversation, ask her if she had any men in her life. I felt a bit guilty as she was bombarded with questions, but it was such fun watching and listening that the guilt quickly subsided! As far as the last ingredient necessary for a successful girls' night out...great husbands...they were plentiful. Steve is always so willing to send me off and he even encourages me to go out more often. That's one of those qualities I didn't know I was getting in a husband when I got married...so I consider myself very lucky.

14 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like a lot of fun Lyric...I also love to share...and I love to share with you!!!

Mitchell Family said...

You do have an awesome family. It is always so fun to visit your family! And you're right there isn't a dull moment with the Smith girls!

OurHappyFamily said...

You are lucky!! That night looks like so much fun, infact it's making me crave a girls night! What a great, beautiful bunch of girls!!!

Hilary Jorgensen said...

I'm glad we took a picture to memorialize the momentous occasion: me divulging my boyfriend secret. That night changed my life (thanks to you and Cassi).

Nicole said...

I am so envious of your fun family girl nights. It is so nice to have everyone so close I bet. Steve is a saint for taking the kids. Jeff is like Steve, offering to all the time so I can get out more with the girls. Maybe it is time to round up and head an official girls night with my sister and our friends. You have inspired me.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

ok so your blog totally made me jealous that i'm not home. thanks for rubbing it in. jk. we really do have the coolest sisters in the world huh. its just too bad that the coolest one has to live all the way in vegas.

Brooke Romney said...

I might move to Boise so your family can adopt me. They are so super fun and everyone looks great. Tell Hilary congrats on her clandestine romnance--sounds pretty hot!! As for the sharing...have I told you lately that I miss you??

Amy said...

What a good looking bunch! How fun to have a night out... especially with supportive husbands! I've always felt really blessed in that area too.

The O'Briens said...

It sounds like a fantastic night. I have loved the members of your family I have met. Robby and I fully appreciate the update on Hillary's love life. We had a lot of fun with her when she was here. Hope all is well. You've inspired me to plan a girls night out when I'm done with finals.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

PF Changs with the girls may be fun, but it's way better with the Porters when a mysterious stranger pays for your dinner! We miss you guys so much. Glad to hear your having fun though!

Jami said...

Lyric--
I found you!! So excited to know that you are part of the blogging world!! :0 come see us at worldoharris.blogspot.com
Jami:)

browntowntwenty1 said...

Can you relay a message for me? Tell Steve we need to start organizing a guys night out :)

OurHappyFamily said...

Can you send me your address: hillarywhalen@gmail.com and a Christmas card will be on the way!

Happy Holidays!!!

Dunn's said...

That was a fun night. When's the next Girls Night Out?