Monday, November 26, 2007

Battleship Anyone?


Maxwell's new favorite game is Battleship, which he borrowed from Grandma Smith. I am happy that he has moved to a new level of gaming, beyond Candyland and Chutes and Ladders, because I actually like to play Battleship...and I play to win! Max would play this game many times a day if he had his way but I just can't fit it into my schedule sometimes. The other day he decided to play the game by himself. I heard him in the living room calling out coordinates and then saying "hit" or "miss" with great enthusiasm. I was wondering how this game was going to play out. Was he taking turns hitting and missing each player? Who was going to be the winner? I had to hold in the hysterical laughter when I saw how he was working it. Notice all the reds (hits) are on one board and all the whites (misses) on the other. I wonder if a psychologist could tell me a little about how his brain works from this outcome!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

That is really funny. I totally forgot about battleship but I love that game. I'm going to have to find it somewhere.

Michelle said...

We are going to have to get Max and Carson together. He LOVES battleship! He actually discovered it this weekend while at his cousins house. When we went to get ours out, all of the pieces were missing, shocker.

Nicole said...

This is just the funniest thing I have ever heard!!! I would have loved to see how that played out as well! That Max is quite the guy!!

Biddle Family said...

I think if I were max I would play battleship just like him... 1 team to my benefit and the other team to totally lose... that is sooo funny and what is even funnier is that you play to win.. You aren't competitive are you??
I love it!

Kim said...

We still never got the chance to play battleship with him...we need to get together again!

Kirk and Aly said...

I didn't even know that Battelship was still around! Max is such a smartie to be able to play it! What a cute kid he is!