Friday, December 14, 2007

Scrubs



Last week Steve was feeling a little bit stressed in his role as breadwinner, as I'm sure most breadwinners do at times, so I thought it would be really fun to have a special night to remind him how much we love and appreciate his hard work each day. Most nights when Steve walks in the door the kids call out, "hello Dr. Steve Payne". I'm quite sure this greeting emerged from listening to Steve on the phone as he is checking to see how his patients are doing in the evening. When he makes those check-up calls he refers to himself as Dr. Steve Payne, so after hearing that repeatedly the kids must have decided it would be fun to use that title for Daddy also. With this as my inspiration I hatched a great plan. We all dressed in scrubs and jumped out to surprise Steve as he walked in the door. We also shouted out in unison "we love you Dr. Steve Payne". I think he loved it, or at least he pretended like he did. Then we ate a steak dinner, because that is one of Dr. Steve Payne's favorite meals. For family night we sang Daddy's favorite songs and had Daddy share his favorite scripture. Hopefully this helped a little in boosting the confidence of our favorite breadwinner. (Sidenote: This is what Sophie's hair looks like when her ponytails come out for the night. We call her our little cocker spaniel!)

13 comments:

Biddle Family said...

HA.. so you need to help me out... I need to do this for Scott... he's a landscaper, student, Christmas light hanger & just got a job at US AIRWAYS! How would we dress up for that???? You are a fun wife.. the kids just keep getting bigger & bigger.
Have fun!

Nicole said...

Could you be a cuter wife & mother?!?! That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!!! Steve is SO lucky to have you!!!

browntowntwenty1 said...

Great idea! You are so funny! Steve has great taste (steak). Can't wait to see you guys and I am sure that Steve is doing a great job at Mr. Breadwinner....excuse me Dr. Breadwinner!

Amy said...

You're an awesome wife, Lyric! And you have such a cute little family! I'm sure Steve appreciated the reminder that all his hard work is worth it.

Jenni said...

Wow, what Dad wouldn't love that? I am sure that meant so much to him. What a good reminder that it is important to take the time to show our loved ones how much we appreciate them.

OurHappyFamily said...

Awww. . . what a great wife and mother! Your family couldn't be any cuter. . . those kids are to die for cute and you miss beautiful just have it all together. Tell Dr. Steve to keep up the great work. I know he is a wonderful father and hubby!

Kristen said...

Cant wait to hear of what you come up with next..how sweet are you Lyric!! I love that you took pictures to, so he can always remember what a lucky guy he is!!

Kim said...

That is just so cute! You do have such a cute little family..and you are very thoughtful!

Eardley Fam said...

What a great idea!! I might have to pull that one out of the hat sometime! I cannot believe how big your kids are getting.

The O'Briens said...

Wow! I am extremely impressed. What a fantastic way to show your man how much you all love and appreciate him.

brooke romney said...

You guys are so cute. I want to play next time. BTW, you are really sticking to the picture tip by Kelli. Such a great job of keeping head out. Way to go!

The Merrell Family said...

You are so cool! That was such a nice thing to do for Steve. You always do such a good job making others feel good! You look great and your kids are the cutest!

Jared said...

If Steve is anything like me, he will probably never see this comment. (I leave that to my wife on our blog) I am one of his old mission buddies, Elder Frost. Tell him to send me an email at jfrostcpa@gmail.com