Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Traditions

Traditions can be such funny things. For example, my family has a tradition of going to the Melba Parade every 4th of July. It pretty much consists of tractors, veterans on flatbed trailers and random people on 4 wheelers and horses. To their credit, a lot of candy is thrown. Each year I just chuckle inside that we are actually attending this parade, but there would be a little part of the 4th of July holiday missing if we didn't. Why is that? By the way, Sophie is such a great parade watcher. She truly appreciates all the candy thrown and she waves at everyone, including all the rodeo queens and firemen!



2 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

I don't think there is anything cuter than Sophie the parade goer, so precious!! Maxwell looks great too! Love the pics!

I LOVE that you go to this parade every year & that it is a fun tradition. Honestly it sounds a little "white" LOL. Please don't be offended it just makes me laugh because I know if I lived there, I would be there every year too, waving at the Firemen (Mmmm hmmm) & elbowing eveyone to get my candy!! LOVE IT!!