Friday, August 7, 2009

Romney Weekend

We love the Romneys. We love Mitt Romney, but even more than him we love the Arizona Romneys...Mike, Brooke and boys. We took a little jaunt down to SLC to meet up with them while they were visiting Brooke's parents. Mike and Steve are like little boys together (burping, farting, crude humor, etc.) and Brooke and I can talk about anything for hours. Okay, I know you think I can talk to anyone for hours, but not like this! We took a beautiful hike in the canyon that was described online as easy, flat and family friendly. I guess family friendly does not mean for 4 year olds, and flat in hiking terms is not literal! It was still great times, and was followed by a trip down the alpine slide at Snowbird.

We miss living by you guys and are glad to know that we can always count on you for an eventful weekend getaway. And during those getaways it is as though we never moved away from each other.






4 comments:

Alison said...

Cute pictures!! Looks like you had fun!

Jenni said...

Looks like fun. Makes me miss Park City! I need to do the alpine slide next time we go. I just have a hard time paying that much money...it used to be like $4 a ride and they would have free days for locals if they wore a red bandanna or something.
Is your friend Mitt's son? My sister has baby sat for one of his sons kids when they were in town one time. I wonder if it was them.

brooke romney said...

The only bad part??? It made us realize just how much we miss you guys! My post is coming up soon too.

Kirk and Aly said...

How fun! I'm jealous! Your hike looks gorgeous, even though it was rough - it just makes you stronger, right? How about a trip to AZ next time? :)