Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Legoland aka Maxwell Heaven

Our California summer vacation started at Legoland. Well, it actually started at LAX at 9:30 pm, followed by the rental car shuttle at 10:30, the rental car station at 11:00, a desperate attempt to find something that would please kids and Mommy and Daddy for dinner, followed by a 90 minute drive to Carlsbad. So really our vacation started with a 1:30 bedtime! Each night thereafter was a little bit better as far as bedtime, but not by much. Our kids were running on fumes after about day three! Anyways...what was this post actually about...oh, yeah, Legoland. Legoland is a very quaint and quite fascinating amusement park. The rides are all quite small and harmless, although for some reason you have to be 42" to ride many of them, which excludes Sophie, and babies are not allowed on any rides. This made me really appreciate Disneyland where babies can come along on many rides and Sophie could go on nearly everything.

I think this is Ranger Joe that we nabbed for a family picture. I'm not sure who he is, but anyone with a big plastic head is famous in Legoland!



Capri and Sophie were both asleep for quite a while in the stroller and just as I was about to capture the moment on camera, Capri's little eyes popped open and she gave me the cutest little smile.


Maxwell's favorite part of Legoland had to be the test track area. You build your own vehicle and race each other on the track. He kept winning and loving it. He finally lost a race, so he immediatly went back to the building area and did some restructuring and revamping and headed back to the track with the bigger and better version, which again won everything. He could have spent hours in that place...literally.



One of my favorite things about Legoland is that it is within 30 minutes from two of my really great friends, Brigette Helmer and Kristie Arnold. They each brought some of their kids, which completely entertained my kids, and then the girls and I caught up, while my fabulous hubby took care of Capri, which is probably not surprising to most of you that know Steve and I!


Meet our new friend Bert!

5 comments:

julie thayne smith said...

Oh Lyric, your blog is sooooo cute! I'm so glad you found my blog so we can stay connected, I'm going to add you to my friends list right now! It was so fun to see you and your cute family when you were in town!!! Hey, I love all your blog pics, so cute and the kids all in the bath together is my favorite, how adorable!!!! Legoland looked fun, we just went there a couple of months ago for Nixon's 2nd b-day,it's a boys paradise huh!:)Glad you had a fun trip!!! It's so nice we can keep in touch and catch up through blogging!!!! Love you guys, we'll have to come vist you in Idaho sometime!!!

Alison said...

Sounds like a relaxing trip, almost like a day at the spa(: We went to Legoland a few years ago and we were so excited because we thought everyone would be able to participate. Hayden was the only one who could do anything. I always think it should be a under 42 inches free rather than under 3. Three year olds can ride rides that my 6 year old can't. Poor short kids! Love the picture of the girls in the stroller!!

Amy said...

Look at you on a blogging roll :) I can just see Max loving lego land, he has the cutest personality and it always makes me excited to see what my boys will be like in a few years! By the way... I'm really going to call you - maybe even tomorrow -because I really want to talk to you and come see your "system"!

brooke romney said...

Awesome!I didn't realize you were gone. I'm shocked Steve took Capri so you could chat. It never goes that way!!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

The Bert guy kind of gives me the creeps! ;) I had never heard of LegoLand until this year, but we had a good time and thought it was fun! It is amazing some of the stuff they can make out of legos!