Friday, June 5, 2009

Single Ladies Salon

Every year I tell myself that I will do a smaller birthday party for my kids next year, but as their birthday approaches it is so hard to scale back my party planning. I just love it way too much! And I think I've passed the party loving trait onto my children because they too love a party...especially one in honor of them!

This year for Sophie's 4th birthday party I decided on a salon theme. We started it off with an e-mail invitation that linked people to an up close and personal invitation from Sophie. See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLnA0siXfeg . I think everyone invited was really looking forward to a dance lesson from Sophie!

For the party we created the Single Ladies Salon. Luckily I have such willing family and friends, because I needed a lot of manpower to pull this one off. There were four salon stations. Toenail painting was done by Steve (the lone man in the house, other than Maxwell, who was playing his x-box most of the time) and my sister Hilary.


The little bit of make-up station was manned by my youngest sister, Cassi, who is such a sport. She had graduated the previous evening and was up all night at the school graduation party. She woke up just in time to make it to Sophie's party. What a great sister.


Hairdos were done by my fabulous Mom and two of the sweetest teenagers you'll ever meet, Lauren and Elise. And man can they do hair!


The final station was the flip-flop making table with Grandma Pat. Of course she would be at the kid craft table!


They glued silk flowers and rhinestones onto flip-flops. They turned out really adorable, but the flowers kept coming unglued. I had to e-mail out a recall on them, except that I really didn't want them back! I did inform all the moms that the flowers could be sewn onto the flip-flop, and that a thimble (which I didn't have) would really be helpful.





All the girls looked so stinkin' adorable. And after cake and presents the flip-flops were lost and they headed out back to jump on the trampoline, draw with sidewalk chalk and blow bubbles. Basically they undid everything they had just had done at the salon! I love it!

9 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Oh the things I have to look forward to! What a darling idea and what darling girls! You're a wonderful mother!!

Way to go Steve... nice work at the toe station!

Amy said...

You totally win the party planner of the year award... what a fun idea! Sophie's little video invite is awesome, did she learn all her moves from her mama?

Unknown said...

so cute, what a great idea!!!

Luke and Meghann said...

Payne

Sophia...what a cutie!
Max--If i knew you 42 years ago when you were that age, It would be all flashbacks!

i noticed the waterfall in the background...happens to be multanomah falls...2 hours from us...next time!!!!!

this is luke

Rebekah Coles said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!! My fav part is you singing behind the camera. Great idea and really really cute invite!

brooke romney said...

Boy, there is nothing better than a Payne party. You are awesome and i LOVED the invitation from Sophie. She cracks me up. Did you teach her all her moves? Oh, and OF COURSE Steve was painting toenails!!

Alison said...

Sounds like a fun PARTY!!!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

i SO wished i could have been there to help out and witness all those cuties having the time of their lives. i don't know which booth you would have put me at. i'm not really good at doing other people's hair, makeup, or even nails. my poor girls are going to suffer. maybe i can practice on jayden.

Nicole said...

What a party!! That was so creative & I just wanted to be there getting pampered too!! You are such a cute fun, creative mom. I may just have to keep this idea tucked away to borrow at some point if you don't mind! The YouTube video...PRiceless!!