Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bowling Anyone?

Maxwell wanted to have a bowling party for his 7th Birthday and boy am I glad. No little boy messes at my house - we left it all at Meridian Lanes...sorry! The pre-party activity was sitting around the computer watching tarantula videos, which Maxwell is totally obsessed with lately. Max says quite often, "I have a challenge question for you. Who would win between a scorpion (or centipede, or mouse, and the list keeps going) and a tarantula?" I never know the answer, so I throw out a guess, and he always knows the answer thanks to videos on NationalGeographic.com! He decided to share some of these videos with his friends before heading off to the bowling alley.


Winner for favorite bowling form goes to cousin Spencer, hands down...I mean up!


I love this series of action shots of Maxwell bowling. Not too shabby for a 7 year old. He comes by it naturally - his Mom won the tournament in her bowling class at BYU, and his Dad was a member of the high school bowling club.





I know it was a bowling party but I really wanted to make a basketball cake! And isn't it great? Obviously little boys don't care about party themes! I think the party was a huge success and I have decided that parties held at other destinations are for sure the way to go.


Happy Birthday Maxwell. You are one of my favorite people in the whole wide world, and obviously I'm biased, but seriously, even if I weren't your Mom I would be jealous of whoever was your Mom!


6 comments:

Kim said...

I love the picture of him about to lick the cake! Too cute!

Jen said...

LOve that! Cute cake Lyric! You are biased but he is one good lookin boy!

Kirk and Aly said...

I'm totally with you that parties held elsewhere are where it's at! Way less mess and preparation! And you can't go wrong with bowling! I can't believe Max is 7!! I remember when he used to look like Capri! Crazy!

Brooke Romney said...

Those boys are so darn cute. I wish Jace could be with them...they look great! I'm so glad he didn't dissappoint such serious bowlers. How sad if the 2 of your would have had a kid who couldn't bowl. And, seriously? Max and the computer...I guess he's moved on from the BOM stories.

Nicole said...

Now that is a great way to spend a party. I LOVE Max's serious bowling pictures. I had no idea his parents have such a bowling background...VERY impressive! You cake turned out so cute too!

Kristen said...

Well that boy cant help but have some skill with the parents he has! cute cute CUTE! Dont you love parties that arent at home? Bella wants hers at a gymnastics place..perfect, no mess :) And to answer your question, no money, but I am HAPPY to do that for you when you are here...you better call me.