Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Multnomah Falls




As we were driving home from Portland we decided to make a quick stop at Multnomah Falls. As we were parking in the distant parking lot I thought, "oh this will be a quick stop", but as we walked closer and closer it became more and more magnificent. The greens become greener, the water mists you, and you almost can't believe how beautiful it is. The kids loved the hike up to the bridge. Maxwell wanted to keep going all the way to the top of the falls, but I was not about to haul a baby up that path and Steve did not want to be piggy-backing Sophie. I've done the little one mile hike before, and it is a bit harder than I thought it would be, especially in flip-flops.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Way too cute!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I was in Portland once for work and I passed on the trip to Multnomah Falls...I have since then realized I probably should have gone though because it looks cool and is actually a site to see! I love the picture in the previous post of the two babies looking at eachother, so cute! Looks like a fun family trip, glad it went good and you had fun!

Brooke Romney said...

Gorgeous! I'd love to see Portland! I've never been there.

Kim said...

Way fun. I'm jealous. Sitting here in the 107 heat wishing for the beauty of areas like that.

Also, how do you have it so it shows what someone recently updated on their blog? I want that on mine but I can't figure out how. If you have a chance to help a girl out I'd love it.