Sunday, April 5, 2009

Maxwell loves first recess

The other day Steve had a couple of appointments cancel so he decided it was time to take care of his own and clean Maxwell and Sophie's teeth. Maxwell has never minded getting his teeth worked on, in fact, it almost seems like he enjoys it sometimes. This day was different...because he was going to miss first recess. He literally threw a tantrum - a 6 year old tantrum. I could not believe how upset he was getting. I could not talk him down from the ledge. In the midst of his tantrum he cried out, "I HATE DENTISTRY." I burst out in laughter and couldn't stop. I think my laughter finally got to him, because I saw a hint of a smile appear on his face for a moment, but then he caught himself and started back in on his ranting and raving. It was a memorable moment!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Those were both hillarious! Too funny thanks for a great laugh!!

Brooke Romney said...

I hate dentistry too. I wish all it did was make me miss my first recess instead of a mortgage payment! Did his tantrum take you back a few years when he really wanted juicy?