Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Still Getting Babied


Sophie looks much different from this picture, but my Mom looks just as good!


My back was giving me major warning signs a few days ago that it was ready for another breakdown. When this happens I now know how to nurse it back to normal quite quickly. I have to rest it for a day or two, do what little stretching my body allows, and pump the ibuprofen. I called my Mom and Dad the morning after I realized where my back was headed for some further advice seeing as they have each had back surgery(s). They voiced a lot of concern, and my Mom offered to watch Sophie for the day, but Sophie is very self-maintaining for a two year old, so I refused her offer. At about 2:30 in the afternoon I heard the door from the garage opening, so I called out "hi sweetie" assuming Steve was getting home early from work (which is not a good thing now that he actually earns money for his time!) It was not that sweetie entering the house, it was another sweetie...my Mom. She brought dinner and dessert over. Just a little something she whipped up that morning after she spoke with me. My Mom is the greatest. She still babies her adult children. Now really, who wouldn't want that? And Steve actually got homemade dessert without having to have guests over! Mom, I love you very much and am so thankful for the many sacrifices you make for your children, including cooking dinners at 8:00 in the morning before a busy day.

9 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh that stinks that you are having back trouble. How often does it get like this? Call me if you need anything. It is so nice that you have your family close, especially your mom. How nice of her to do that for you.

brooke romney said...

I wish I lived by our mom so she could make me dinner and dssert again! I'm sorry about your back. Ease up! If I were close, I'd love to take your little ones!

Melissa Stadler said...

What a Mom!! I am so glad that you live near your family again and they can take care of you. Your Mom sounds wonderful.

How is your back? Back pain is seriously the worst. So I am so sorry that you are dealing with it. I hope that you get feeling better and that ibruprophen starts doing the trick for you. Now that's a wonder drug.

Jamie Christensen said...

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it gets better soon. Braden is in all day Kindergarten and so Abby and I have a lot of time to do fun things together.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

ok so mom is the coolest person in the world. she totally does take care of us even as we get older. did you know that in college she made me and joe sack lunches with our names on them? and i love how everytime i call she answers really excited and then, sounding almost like she's crying, she says, "i miss you." hope your back gets better. i feel your pain.

Amy said...

What a wonderful mom! It's nice to be babied sometimes. Sorry about your back, though. --Seriously, if there'a ever anything I can do (like even take a kid off your hands for an hour) let me know!!

Kirk and Aly said...

Moms are the greatest, huh! Sometimes (usually after being a mean mom all day and having my kids hate me) I call my mom, just to have the affirmation that someone still likes me and thinks I do things good. I hope your back is feeling better!

OurHappyFamily said...

Hey girl. . . you can find the fork and spoon online at: www.shesgotitall.net they have darling stuff and it is located in Mesa.

I'm so sorry about your back but thank goodness for your wonderful mother! Hang in there. Also is Amy Blake in your ward? I LOVE them. I went to school with both of them at Utah State and just saw Amy when I was in Provo. Do you know any Shaws? You're the best. . . love ya!

Nicole said...

I am sorry about your back, what a pain! I think it is all those marathons & triathalons you keep showing us up on!! =)
Moms are great, Jeff saw me reading your blog and remembered her & how nice she is when we met her. I am glad you are close by now. They make a big difference in our lives!