Sunday, October 28, 2007

Crazy Sock Day


The only reason I wish drugs would have been more of a problem in America when I was in elementary school is so that I could dress up for Red Ribbon Week (Drug-Free Week). It's like Homecoming Week in high school with each day being a different dress-up day. Maxwell got really excited about it, mostly because everyone who dressed up each day got a rainbow stamp, which is highly sought after among Mrs. Stred's kindergarten students. My favorite day was crazy sock day. I have these striped socks that go up past my knees, so you can imagine that we had to adjust them a bit for Max. He thought they were pretty cool. The best part about crazy sock day was when Maxwell came home and said, "Mom, Mrs. Stred had the same socks as me". If he would have been in 3rd grade that would have been so embarrassing, so thank goodness for innocent 5 year olds!

10 comments:

Kim said...

He is so stinkin' cute!

Amy said...

We need to have a dress up week for moms :) He really is adorable! On Sunday I saw him a church and was noticing how great his hair is!! Love the pose in this picture, too.

Nicole said...

Max, those socks ROCK!!! You look great in them!

OurHappyFamily said...

He is a stud! I love the socks and I'm crazy about that head of hair!

How fun for you and Steve to take a trip together! I bet you loved having it be just the two of you! My mom offered to watch Eden for the week but the couple that came along had to bring their baby so we thought what the heck we can't have all the fun and leave them with a baby to tend, but. . . next time it will be ALONE!!!

Kristen said...

Come to think of it, I vaguely recall you wearing those to church one Sunday..yeah, it was the Sunday Buddy was confirmed :) Hee hee. He really is SO DAR-LING! And by the way, I love your blog, its fun to keep in touch with you :)

Michelle said...

Too stinkin' funny! I think every day should be crazy sock day. :)

Kirk and Aly said...

Great socks Max/Lyric! Too bad we didn't push drugs harder in elementary school so we could have fun days like this! All we had was the D.A.R.E program. Did you have that in Idaho? All I remember about it was having the DARE TransAm drive around on the playground, and that was supposed to make us not want to do drugs. I wasn't a user, so it must have worked. Max is such a cutie!

Jilene said...

Hey Lyric~ This is Jilene Ray. I used to be in your ward over in Kelly Creek. Anyhow, cute blog...I'm totally not stalking these people, but I think I know Curtis Whalen. Did he serve his mission in Hartford, CT?

Lyric Payne said...

I do not know Curtis at all. I know his wife from before they were married. If you want I can find out where he served his mission. Just give me the word and I'll do the research!

Kim said...

I tag you Lyric...you have to write 6 things about you then tag 6 people! have fun!