Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mormon Pilgrimage













It's not an official pilgrimage that Mormons are required to make, but it kind of feels like it should be. I feel a little more complete after visiting Temple Square, This is The Place Heritage Park and a 24th of July (Pioneer) Day Parade in small town Utah with my hubby and kids! Highlights of the trip in no particular order:

1. Panning for gold at Heritage Park.

2. The fish rodeo at Spanish Fork Pioneer Days, which lasted about 2 minutes, which is also how long the fish lived after being caught!

3. Meeting Cosmo at Spanish Fork Pioneer Days. Ahhh...memories! This is when I start singing the BYU fight song.

4. Lagoon with the Romneys...anything with the Romneys would make this list! This is one reunion that needs to happen more often.

5. Spending some quality time with O'Brien cousins and Las Vegas Smiths. FYI: Spanish Fork Pioneer Days rocks!! It's a weekend long party...especially with the cousins!

6. Swimming at the dinky, muggy, chloriney hotel pool. The kids chose this over going to a big outdoor water park. Hey, Steve and I got to chill on comfy chairs and not worry about the crowds as we had the pool all to ourselves.

7. Touring the conference center...unbelievable.

8. Walking the grounds of Temple Square...magnificent.

9. Eating at In-n-Out...I added this one for Steve, but I think I concur!

10. 5 hour energy drinks to keep Steve awake as he drives so I can read or snooze or zone out without worrying about my narcoleptic hubby!

No comments: