Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dirty Dash

This is the perfect race for a former tomboy. A typical 10K run would not have been my ideal Saturday, but all the muddy obstacles kept me in heaven. There is a massive slip-n-slide with about 20 yards of a mud pit to trudge through before you cross the finish line. I got bruises on my hips from launching myself onto the slip-n-slide, and then I backstroked to the finish line...and loved every minute of it. Steve was supposed to join me and several other couples in our ward, but he conveniently had to coach Maxwell's football game. This is a picture of all the single ladies who ran together...we don't need no stinking men!! My sister Cali took Steve's place at the last minute, and slayed the race. I was so proud of her. The worst part of the race is the freezing cold community showers you wait forever to rinse off in. Next year I'm wrapping myself in a garbage bag and driving home to my own warm shower!