Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Backpack ALMOST fits!

I'm thinking this backpack might last through the 8th grade, although it does fit her better than last year. Every inch helps! Sophie is going to Miss Janet's preschool again, which she absolutely loves (as do I). Sophie is writing her name well, she knows all her letters and their sounds, and she is requesting spelling quizzes like Max has and does surprisingly well on them.



Maxwell is in 2nd grade with Mrs. Stone, who is also fantabulous. Maxwell is an awesome reader, speller, mathmetician, you name it he's good at it! How is that for some major bragging!


We are always happy when school starts but so sad to see summer end. I was seriously meant to live in San Diego!

6 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I agree with you....San Diego here I come! Actually, just the weather really... Cute picture, I love the ginormous (is this a word, really?) backpacks on the little tiny kids :)

Hilary Jorgensen said...

i'm surprised miss janet and mrs. stone haven't asked sophie or max to read to the kids while she goes on a coffee break. your kids are so smart it's disgusting.

Alison said...

We always joke that our little backpacks with legs are off to school. I told Kara she could just be a backpack for Halloween! Your kiddos look adorable as always! I would not mind skiping winter too!

Hollie said...

What cute, little smartypants. I know, because my kids are the same ages and aren't quite at that level...hmmm, should I practice with them once and a while, naaah, that's why they go to school. I guess we can't have it all.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

you and I were both meant to live in San Diego! Maybe if we pool our resources we could actually afford something out there! Soph looks so cute with her big backpack... love it.

Brooke Romney said...

What beautiful kids. It was so fun seeing them. I'm glad you guys are doing so well!