Monday, October 12, 2009

To Sleepover or Not to Sleepover...That is the Question


This is quite the debate among parents of our generation. Gone are the days of just making sure you know the parents before you send your kid over for the night. I was talking to my Dad about this subject and he remembers being very conservative with sleepovers, but I sure do remember sleeping over at ALL my friend's houses. Slumber birthday parties were always the best, and they were MOSTLY harmless! Maxwell and Sophie have never had a sleepover, with the exception of family, until a month ago. We are great friends with the Johnson Family and they have a boy Maxwell's age (Kaleb) and a girl Sophie's age (Aubrey), which makes a sleepover swap just perfect. We had the boys at our house and the Johnsons took the girls. Max and Kaleb played quietly like champs in the bedroom and even fell asleep by ten. We asked them in the morning what they did all evening and they said "played legos, read comic books, and then there was nothing else to do so we went to sleep." Perfect sleepover! From what we hear, the girls played hair salon and dolls and all things girly. Aubrey fell asleep by 9:00, so Sophie snuck out of the bedroom and joined the parents for some ice cream. That's my little night owl!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad we decided to do the sleepover because the kids had a blast and talk about it all the time. Thanks for being great friends and having such amazing children!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I love it! Sounds like they had a great time! I can't believe little Sophie was ok all night! I wonder what the magic age is and have wondered how Kiera would do. She has slept over at cousins/grandparents with no problem, but who knows how the first "friend" overnighter will go!

Alison said...

I loved sleep overs when I was a kid, especially trampoline sleep overs. That looked like a fun sleep over for Max! I read with him at school on Tuesday, and he told me all about the Legos he has been building and then zoomed through his reading! I'm going to call him speedy! What a cutie!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Hey! How did you get the blog list on the side to show the title of the most recent blog post of your friends? I always come to yours or Alisons to see who's is updated...and figure I should probably take time to do it to my own list! Is it an easy fix?

Hilary Jorgensen said...

sleepovers are okay if your kids are book nerds (please refer to previous post). seriously, how much trouble could one get in to? on to a different topic--i want to see more pictures of capri. i'm dying to see her.

Nicole said...

I am still laughing at Sophie going in for Ice Cream with the parents after her friend fell asleep. My kind of girl!! That is so cute!! Yay for sleepovers!