Thursday, September 17, 2009

Not Enough Beach Time

I had our trip perfectly planned, or so I thought. The last day was our beach day, but as I layed the plan out for Steve he pointed out that the beach day had some flaws. We would be flying out in the evening and would already be checked out of our hotel, which means nowhere to clean all the sticky sand off before our flight. For Steve sandy and dirty kids equals pure torture and it is even more torturous when he is the dirty one, but that even sounded quite miserable to me, whose messy kid tolerance is quite high. I was picturing sand in all the cracks! We settled on eating at a 50's themed diner on the pier and took our shoes off and walked along the beach for about ten minutes. Our next California trip will have a much better beach day in store.


3 comments:

brooke romney said...

Darn!! Oh well, at least you had clean kids! I'd love to meet you guys there sometime!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

What beach were you at? Looks like so much fun! And I have to agree with Steve completely on the sandy kids (and self) = no fun on the plane. Looks like you all had a great time. You look fabulous too!!!

Hilary Jorgensen said...

i can't get enough of capri. dang, that girl is so freakin' cute--so are her clothes, which we are totally pumped to take off your hands.