Thursday, August 23, 2007

Photo-op Chair & Princess Lea Buns





Our new thrift store purchase, that is waiting patiently to be recovered, has become the official photo-op chair. Whenever I tell Sophie that I want to take a picture of her she goes directly to this chair.

And check out those adorable Princess Lea buns in Sophie's hair. That only took me about 10 hours to do the first day, but after a few days of practice I can give her the look in just a few minutes. The first day I did them, the part in the back was hideous, but she looked super cute from the front. 50% of the people she comes across will see her from behind, so I decided to work on the part! Sophie is such a trooper through it all. Occasionally she says in a quiet little voice, "hurt", but she doesn't cry or move. I never thought I would be able to do little girl hair. French braids are on the horizon!

8 comments:

Kirk and Aly said...

Sophie is so stinking cute! Take it from me, 'pretty hair' is harder than it looks! It takes mad skills to be able to do a straight part on a moving kid! The secret is a little spray gel and a comb with the long, pointy handle. I love her buns though! (Sorry, that sounds pervy).

Nicole said...

Sophie is sooo adorable. That smile just melts me!! I love the buns. I agree with Alyson, pretty hair is harder than it looks. I find myself doing the same basic thing just to avoid the Challenge at times. I'm a wuss, what can I say. Though my girls are really good about the tugs & pulls it takes.

I haven't seen you forever it seems like. You look great, your hair is so long & pretty!

Unknown said...

Sopie is a doll and so sweet. And only because the high today is suppose to be 111 do I even notice how jelous I am that you are wearing long sleeves....in August!!!

Eardley Fam said...

Oh Sophie-soo cute. Love the Princess Lea look. I too am nervous to attempt girl hair if I have a girl. But Sophie could wear any experimental hair-do and still look adorable. You look great too by the way!

Sandi said...

Great job on Sophie! She looks so good. At least she now has enough hair to do in other ways. I predict you will be a fantastic hair stylist some day!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

i would have to disagree with mom, for some reason i just can't picture you fixing hair. i am with abbie and april right now and they both agree with me. no offense.

Jamie Christensen said...

Cute hair Sophie. That's great about Max starting soccer. Braden starts on Sept. 8. Did you order anything from downeastbasics?

brooke romney said...

So, I see you are using Kelli's modeling suggestions. You look great.