Monday, August 27, 2007

Boise Zoo...a LITTLE piece of paradise!








Last Thursday I woke up and decided to stray a bit from my norm of going to the gym or running errands (i.e. post office, Target, Wal-Mart). I decided to take the kids to the Boise Zoo. I called a plethora of family and the few friends I have to see if anyone wanted to join me, but to no avail. No one even answered their phone. Can we say "Caller ID"? We still had so much fun, and Maxwell and Sophie even played together really well - I'm sure out of necessity! The Boise Zoo is much smaller than the Phoenix Zoo, however, I really liked that. There were not 10 million strollers on the sidewalks, and 20 people all trying to see the tigers at the same time, it was just nice and pleasantly populated. They also have a butterfly exhibit right now, which the kids loved. If you hold really still sometimes a butterfly will land on you for a while. There are lots of lizards and birds, a few different kinds of monkeys, tigers, even a racoon,which is really funny because racoons are a slight niusance in Boise. They have a big giraffe poster that says "Help us bring lions and giraffes to Boise...please donate". They have to raise 2.8 million dollars to get lions and giraffes, and they already have over 2 million. How exciting is that!! Okay, now calm down everyone...but really, why are lions and giraffes so dang expensive?
Sophie played so hard she crashed in the car amidst trying on Mommy's sunglasses! So cute!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I think these are the cutest Zoo pictures I have ever seen!! Sophie & Max look soooo cute together. I bet they never fight and get along perfectly. Max is looking so grown up. What a handsome kid! Lovin the Princess Lea buns on Sophie, very cute!!

brooke romney said...

I can't believe all the hair Sophie has. She looks so cute. And not one person in Idaho likes you guys? You seriously need to move back to AZ where people stood in line to be your friend.

Eardley Fam said...

Your kids look soo big!! They are so adorable together too. Can't get enough of Sophie's hair.

Unknown said...

Again I am jelous.... you are going to the zoo...in August! I will so be rubbing it in come January!!!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

ok, can your kids get any cuter?! i submit that they cannot! seriously though i must not have seen sophie for a long long time cause she looks so old to me! awww that makes me sad. vegas baby here we come! we're leavin' friday. if you come visit we'll pay for your slots.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

good thing i was careful when typing my comment cause i could have easily put a "U" in the place of the "O" in slots. scandalous.

Sandi said...

I loved the pictures. I would have gone with you, just to be with the kids. You are just amazing.

Jamie Christensen said...

Cute pictures. Max and Sophie are getting so big. Isn't it about time you have another one? Hey thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I really do feel big and pregnant though.