Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things





Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, my new chandelier and warm woolen mittens, a bone colored sectional tied up with string, these are a few of favorite things. Please...stop me now!

My latest favorite thing, which I haven't even purchased yet, is a crushed velvet chair I found for $40 at a second hand store. (The adorable princess in the chair is one of my two all-time favorite things!) I got an estimate to reupholster it and was pleasantly surprised with the cost, so I just need to go snag my find before someone else does. Call me crazy, but I think I'm going to reupholster it in a tasteful brown and cream colored zebra print fabric. I think it could be one of those items that cause people to say, "that's so you Lyric". I always take that as a compliment. I really wouldn't want everyone to have a zebra print fabric chair, because then I wouldn't have any claim to fame!

The all black crystal chandelier in the dining area is major. It definitely makes a statement, probably something like, "look at me". It especially makes me happy at night, because it casts the coolest shadows on the ceiling. If I were an artist I would use the design it creates as inspiration for something fabulous. It sucks not being an artist! The picture does not do it justice. You'll just have to come experience it for yourself. By the way, our ceiling is not golden yellow, it is just a terrible picture from a completely amateur camera.

I also really love our new bone colored leather sectional. It totally rocks. It has the contemporary look I wanted, the comfort Steve wanted, and the price we both wanted. If anyone else wants to be so bold as to buy a light sectional, I will inform you that it was purchased at Mor Furniture. If you were with me right now you would hear me singing their jingle - one thing to be thankful for (that you're not right here with me).

7 comments:

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

lyr, you are hilarious! i'm in love with your house already and i haven't even been there. i can't wait til i have my own little house to decorate (and hopefully a little money). by the way, that picture of sophie is i think the cutest picture i've ever seen in my entire life.

Nicole said...

Love the black crystal chandelier, it is gorgeous! Not to mention the paint color, and the sectional. Beautiful!

I can't believe how grown up Sophie is. She was so little when we left. She is a doll, so girly with all her jewels on. I bet she is a fun little firl to have around. She is beautiful!

brooke romney said...

Love everything. I really might copy the chandelier--it is so beautiful. Your house looks great; I wish I were coming to see it!

Kirk and Aly said...

It all looks so fun! The outside of your house is adorable, totally reminds me of Idaho. I love your velvet chair, I think I might just keep it velvet though, it looks great! (Maybe it's just Sophie that makes it so cute though.)

Eardley Fam said...

Such style girl!! I love it all and hope to see it in person someday! What a beautiful home-I'll need some tips in the not so near future on my home. :)

Eardley Fam said...

Such style girl!! I love it all and hope to see it in person someday! What a beautiful home-I'll need some tips in the not so near future on my home. :)

Naylor Family said...

I am in love with that couch! How fun is that to get new furniture!! Your house is adorable! You have such great taste!