Monday, July 23, 2007

Mahalo















Mahalo means thank you in Hawaiian. It' so funny that English has taken over on the island, but they continue to use two Hawaiian words very regularly...mahalo and aloha. Steve made his own version of this word right when we flew in and then used it about 50 million times in the following seven days. It was so funny that we actually never got tired of it. I'm not sure how to type his version, so you may just have to ask him to perform it, but it was more like the rapper version of the word.

Our trip to Kauai was amazing. We partied with our fantastic, amazing, gorgeous and contemplative friends, Kelli and Eric Jelinek. We river kayaked into a waterfall about the size of a showerhead, we went on a major zipline tour, and we boogie boarded our booties off. I guess I should mention that our booties came right back with all the delicious food we ate. If you ever head to that island let me know and I will tell you my fave restaurants.

We pretty much had a week of good ol' adolescent fun, minus the harmful drugs and alcohol and spin the bottle. We did play some mean games of Boggle! I'm looking forward to more vacationing with the Jelly's.

10 comments:

brooke romney said...

Finally! A new post. You look great--love the swimsuit. It was so fun to have you guys here. We miss you already.

Kelli J said...

I believe it's "MAHALLLA!" - right Steve? I could never get sick of hearing Steve say it. In fact it has become a fav in the "contemplative" Jelly house. Love the pics, especially the first where I look as lame as Martha Stewart....thanks for throwing that one in! By the way...who's Brooke Romney?

Eardley Fam said...

Yeah Hawaii pics. I have been waiting to hear about it! It looked and sounded like a blast. Count us in the next round! Miss you guys!

Brooke Romney said...

Kelli gets funnier and funnier. Your swimsuit looks like the fabric I want on one of my chairs! BTW--Kelli and I are having a great time without you--you are going to feel so left out next time you see us!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

dang your a hottie! and your hubby is such a gangsta. when did that happen?

brooke romney said...

Just noticed Kelli's green sweater. Lovin it.

Nicole said...

What a fun trip it looks like you guys had. Everyone looks great! I am jealous. I love the car pic, You and Kelli look like models!

Naylor Family said...

Is this Lyric Payne from Dr. Davis's office about 4 years ago in Mesa?? This is Shellee, I don't know if you remember me, but I saw your name on Quinn and Lexi's blog. Are you and Lexi sisters? Anyways, small world...I was great friends with Quinn in High School! My Blog is jsnaylorfamily.blogspot.com

Naylor Family said...

Who would've thought! I swear we're all conected somehow! That's so exciting that you moved back to Meridian! I miss that place so much-well, until winter comes around! Summer nights there are the best, it actually cools off! I haven't worked for Davis for about 2 1/2 years now! You guys look like you're doing great, and that you had a great vacation together, Kauai is the best island! Take care, enjoy Idaho!

Kirk and Aly said...

I totally aloha all your Hawaii pictures! (Isn't aloha supposed to mean love? - I'll throw in some Hawaiian lingo just to prove that I've been there too.) I think we have matching pictures to just about all of yours, except for the zipline - was that tons of fun? We'll have to do it next time! It was so fun having you come and visit, you'll have to do that about every month! We'll think of reasons, I'm sure.