Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jenni's Big Bash

What woman doesn't love a little attention on her birthday? Hint to all men: Even when we say we don't want any special attention on our birthday, we don't mean that, we mean the opposite of that! Jenni Terry's birthday was celebrated with lots of ladies, and not just any ol' ladies, really really fun ladies. We went to dinner at Cafe Rio and then bowling at the Boise State student union building. I think I had worked out at the gym that morning with my friend Julia, who has rockin' biceps, so I was in need of some positive body affirmation (i.e. "you're smart enough, you're strong enough, and I CAN see your bicep!"). I challenged Jenni to an arm wrestle because she was sucking it up in bowling and needed some positive affirmation as well and assumed it would come from beating me. She didn't get what she needed...because I beat her. Yea, I was surprised too! This led to an arm wrestling competition between a bunch of middle aged mormon women. We were getting all kinds of stares. The championship match was between Kim and Lindsie McD. I don't even remember who won, I just remember that I beat a couple of people in arm wrestles and got the positive body affirmation I was needing!






No comments: