Friday, July 23, 2010

Reaching our Deductible!!

Four surgeries in one year definitely reaches our deductible...infact, we reached our out of pocket maximum! First Capri got her adenoids out, a month later she got tubes in, I had back surgery, and Sophie's tonsilectomy makes four! Right when we arrived home from the hospital she ate like a champ, and the doctor had told us that the sooner they eat, the faster they recover, so I was stoked. I even bragged about her quick recovery to friends. THEN...the drugs wore off! She didn't eat or drink for 7 days, with the exception of small sips to avoid dehydration. She must have lost nearly 10 pounds, and much of that came from the neck region! It seems that a neck always shows weight loss first. Too bad it's not the butt! My very independent five year old morphed into a very needy and very skinny five year old. And then on day 10, just like the doctor said is the norm, I got my Sophie back. And now we look forward to less snoring and no strep throat!

No comments: