Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sophie Goes to High School


My beautiful baby sister, Cassi, who is a senior in high school, called to ask if I could come up with any creative ideas of how to ask her boyfriend, Spencer, to the Sadie Hawkins Dance. Well, it took a few minutes, but as soon as Sophie walked into the room my right brain started to light up. Sophie is usually not shy, and even more importantly, she is very easily bribed. She can be bribed with gum, candy, chicken nuggets, lemonade, fruit snacks, a little toy, the privilige to watch a cartoon, and the list could go on. So I hatched a plan. Sophie, along with her cousin, Sicily, would dress up in their princess costumes, clip-clop into one of his high school classes and ask if he would go to the ball with Cassi. Cassi, along with my Mom's help, made a crown that the girls could put on his head, and a fabric scroll that had the formal invitation written on it. It went down just as planned. My favorite part was the loud clip-clopping of their plastic high heeled shoes on the checkerboard floor, complete with echoing! As soon as Spencer spotted them walking in, he rushed right over to them and made them feel so comfortable. Sophie said, "Spencer, will you go to the ball with Cassi?" He didn't answer right away because he was too busy complimenting the girls, so Sophie said, "What's your answer?" To which he replied, "Tell Cassi, YES." Sicily opened up the scroll and handed it to him, and then they put the crown on his head. To top it all off, Sophie even gave Spencer a little kiss on his cheek, knowing she would be getting a piece of bubble-gum afterwards for obeying! There was a lot of oohing and aahing from Spencer's classmates, especially the girls. It was one of the most adorable scenes I have ever witnessed.

And look at how gorgeous Cassi and Spencer both are. They will definitely be the belle and beau of the ball! Spencer, thanks for being so cute with the girls. And Cassi, thanks for being the most non-typical high schooler I know! You are the best.



13 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

So cute!!!! That is such a great idea and so memorable for everyone!

Annette Larsen said...

What a fun and fabulous idea! That is just the cutest. Way to go Sophie! And you are genius for coming up with that plan.

Ashlee said...

I LOVE it! How clever! Those girls are darling and Cassie is beautiful! We are long overdue for a visit. I was noticing in your last post that a good amount of your snoozing was in your religion/seminary classes- what's up with that?!

the Smith's said...

What a fabulous idea! I'm glad Spencer was so cute with the girls! Love it!! You are such a FUN MOM!!!

Alison said...

Very cute! Sophie looks so cute in her princess dress, and I have to say your little sister is very cute and so is her boy friend! Brings back old highschool memories!

I can't believe you can fall asleep like that! What a beautiful sleeping baby too!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

once again, i wish i were there. i would have loved to witness this and i for sure need to watch the video you guys took. lyr, you are seriously so clever.

Brooke Romney said...

Soph is darling. I can't believe how old she is. And your sister looks great!

Kim said...

Oh that is so so so fun!!! I bet she just loved doing that too!!! They look adorable!!!

Nicole said...

That is just about the cutest thing I have EVER heard!! That Sophie, she sounds like the funnest little girl ever! What a great way to ask!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

That is awesome. What a great idea. I can't believe Soph wasn't shy! Awesome. Your sister is so pretty too!

Eardley Fam said...

Oh my word how stinkin cute is that!!I can't believe how big Sophie looks too-what beautiful hair!

Unknown said...

sooo cute, she is getting so big!!

Kim said...

That is adorable! You are so great! What a fun idea. Also, I loved the post about your trip with Steve. That looked amazing!