Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter

Anyone who knew me even slightly well in college will understand the similarity between me and my darling dozing daughter. My roommates and family will know best, but even someone who sat next to me in class, on the bus, in an airplane, and frighteningly, even a passenger in my car, should also be privy to this memory. I went to bed way too late nearly every night for four years, and my body reacted just as Capri's is reacting below! I have highlight marks across the pages of all my textbooks because I would fall asleep with a highlighter in hand. There was a guy who loved to write all over my hand and arm when I would fall asleep in religion class. Actually, I just remembered this dozing trend of mine started in high school, because several classmates thought it was really funny to swipe my car keys and move my car while I fell asleep in seminary. I didn't think that one was too funny as I was wandering the school parking lot after basketball practice. One time they moved my little volkswagon rabbit right onto the sidewalk in front of the seminary building. I was known to even snooze behind the wheel for a few seconds. That only happened a couple of times, because my parents didn't allow me to drive home from BYU by myself after that, and Steve rarely even lets me drive on road trips to this day. I was famous among my roommates for saying really really long prayers by my bedside at night...like 3 hour prayers, and for sitting on the toilet for long periods of time. And probably my most intriguing sleeping episode was when I fell asleep while taking a shower. Really, who does that?

11 comments:

Jen said...

How funny!!! Oh that little Capri is just lovely!

Brooke Romney said...

YOu are so funny. I've never seen sleepy Lyric! I love that picture of Kapri though. How cute is she?

The Crazy Heads said...

That is hilarious!!!! The shower, Really????

Hilary Jorgensen said...

you forgot to tell everyone that you used to wear really big bows in your hair, just like capri. oh, wait. that was hollie in her senior picture. don't hate, hollie.

Allison said...

That is so hilarious! As long as you don't have those little sleeping stints on carpool days I'm good!

Jilene said...

oh, how funny. she is just darling. hey, you play bball? we play every tuesday and thursday nights. you interested?

Lyric Payne said...

I love my relaxing evenings, but it would be fun to play every once in a while. My b-ball skills are nearly nonexistent now, if that makes a difference! Where do you play and when.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

oh and remember that time in seminary when they tied a big bow on your head while you were sleeping. looks like you played the same prank on capri :)
seriously, could she get any cuter!

the Smith's said...

Too funny! What a cutie!!

Amy said...

This post cracked me up. That picture of Capri is too cute... I just want to nibble those little toes! Do you think she'd sleep through it?

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

That is such a cute pix of little Capri! Funny post about your snoozy-ness....I am sure that is a word...