Sunday, February 22, 2009

Capri gets her first (and hopefully last) piercings!

I'm one of those cruel moms who holds their child down to get her ears pierced. My mean streak started with Sophia when she was nearing 18 months old and there was still very little hair atop the cranium. The second time around was not quite as hard because I knew from experience that Capri would stop crying within 30 seconds. Steve was on board with the decision, but would not go with me to get it done, just like he has yet to take any one of our children to get immunized. Capri looks absolutely adorable, and Steve agrees, but he says it does remind him a little bit of one of those shiny bald, black athletes with big huge diamonds, ie, Terrell Owens! Now I would like to see Mr. Owens wear a big pink flower on his head!


11 comments:

heather said...

I love it. She is so cute!

the Smith's said...

Sounds like Daddy is a little scared! She looks awesome with the new bling and the fabulous bow!!

Brooke Romney said...

she is so not a TO! She looks darling!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I too am a "mean" mom. I pierced Kiera's at the same age and I would do it again for sure. They are little enough they don't even know they are there so you can clean them and take care of them that first month and they don't pull on them. Besides, super cute for sure. I love Capri's little flower ones, I saw her today when Steve had her. :)

jen said...

She is so adorable!!! I love little babies with their ears pierced. Too bad I have a hubby that won't let me do that cause I so would do right after they are born!!

Wendy Sousley said...

Bling is the Thing!! Very cute! She is such a beautiful baby!

Alison said...

She looks so cute! I have one of those husbands that forbids piercings, which is wierd because he seems like he would not even care! She definitely is all girl(:

Tara Fisher said...

You're not cruel. Ear piercing in so necessary and adorable. I would have done it to my girls, but Keith and I fought about it too much. He won.

Kristen said...

thats so CUTE! She's decked, I love it.

Michelle said...

Good for you! I pulled a Steve. Spencer did it, I didn't want any part of it. She looks adorable and seriously, she wouldn't be a Payne if she didn't have a little blig!

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Lyric~
I connected to your blog from hilary's blog I hope that you dont mind. Your new addition is so dang cute!!! I think that you were just about due the last time I ran into you at jaime's reception. You were for sure the cutest little prego lady ever. Well just thought that I would say hi and it is good to finally see the cute little on capri. She is adorable!! Hope that all is well. Heide