Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Second Ammendment Christmas!

What a wonderful Christmas season it has been. I love that the Spirit of Christ is abundant during December, even though many people who are not Christian, or even religious may not recognize it as that. Goodness and giving are plentiful. Speaking of giving, this is a picture of the family after making Christmas offerings to our neighbors. We made rice filled flannel warmers that you heat in the microwave. They are a favorite in our family and we lovingly refer to them as "cuddle sacks".

I told Maxwell and Sophia to leave Santa a healthy snack instead of cookies, so this is what they set out...water, pretzels and an orange. My favorite part of this spread is the orange peeler Maxwell was thoughtful enough to remember!



Maxwell was really excited about the AT-TE walker, and if you don't know what that is then you are so out of the loop! When he told me what he wanted from Santa I asked him if he was sure about this because it was meant for 9-14 year olds. He said, "yea, because then it will be challenging for me." Hopefully he still feels the same way when trying to decide whether or not to take organic chemistry in college!


Santa brought the most expensive gift he has ever brought to the House of Paynes...the most fabulous Barbie Jeep. Sophie asked Santa for a Barbie computer (which she saw at Costco), but I told her that sometimes Santa has something else in his workshop that he knows a child will like more than what she has asked for. Santa was right!



And here is proof that it was a Second Ammendment Christmas. We wanted to buy two of these guns for Maxwell so when he has a friend over they can each have one, but we didn't want Max to use the "they're mine" argument when Sophie wanted to play with him. Solution: Wrap one up for Sophie! It's pretty funny to see a plastic camoflauge machine gun in the back of a pink Barbie jeep!


8 comments:

Jamie Christensen said...

Santa was good to your kids. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Kirk and Aly said...

What a fun Christmas! I want a Barbie Jeep too! Did you bust out your sewing machine to make your cuddle sacks? If so, I'm super impressed. If not, I guess you're a slacker. :) Baby Capri is just about the cutest around!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Ok I am dying at the picture of M&S with the guns. That is hilarious. Looks like Santa was extra good to your family this year! Ha and I'm glad Max liked my comment... sorry I probably shouldn't have said "butt"... didn't realize kiddos were reading my comments!! I'll have to be more careful! btw we are VERY sad that Puerto Vallarta beat Arizona for your vacation this year, although I can't blame you =)

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

so i'm STILL laughing at that last picture of sophie. i LOVED going home for christmas and hanging out with you. your kids are so awesome. i mean, your kids are SO awesome (sorry, forgot the CAPS). they are seriously such good and smart kids and hilarious on top of it all. i totally want my kids to be friends with your kids when they grow up. maybe they can all be in a band together. how's sophie with the tamberine?

Nicole said...

K, kinda wierd how many things have been the same for our families this year...ie, baby same day, mini van purchase same week, etc. I TOO made the flannel corn.rice bags for our neighborhood treats!! I think I ended up making over 20, they were a hit though. My girls & I go to bed with one every night to warm our toesies!! Man, we are so on!! =)

PS-LOVE the camo gun story, I think it is cool it is on the back of the barbie jeep! Awesome!!

Brooke Romney said...

So darling! Your kids look so cute and I love the healthy snack idea...who needs more junk at Christmas!

pillingfamily said...

yeah for the right to keep and bear arms! such cute kiddos.

OurHappyFamily said...

Ha, this post put a huge smile on my face! I LOVE your darling kiddos, Santa's healthy snack, your Christmas gift idea, and of course reading about the Santa gifts! Sounds like a wonderful Holiday season at the Payne home!

Happy New Year!!