Saturday, December 20, 2008

Capri's Blessing Day

What an absolute angel our little Capri is. She looks like a porcelain doll in this picture with her Daddy...which would be Steve! He gave her such a beautiful blessing that was so filled with the Spirit and heartfelt. It even brought tears to his own eyes. Actually, I don't think it was his words that brought the tears, I think it was the overwhelming feeling of love he has for his daughter that brought the tears. I was true to form and cried from the moment the first words fell from Steve's mouth!


Grandma Smith has a very treasured tradition of sewing each of her grandchildren a blessing outfit...in all of her spare time (which would be the wee hours of the night)! I really really really love this dress. My Mom spent hours and hours sewing all the gorgeous stitchwork BY HAND. Don't seamstresses call that "couture"? Capri may have some pretty high expectations for sunday wear now!


Just look at that face. That is the face of a nearly perfect child!

10 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

So beautiful! I can imagine Steve's blessing was amazing, and I can imagine you crying through the whole thing. Your mom looks so hip in that picture! She amazes me!

Kristen said...

She IS a doll! And, just have to tell you, I LOVE your christmas card :) That family photo is the best!! Thanks for thinking of us!

Rachel said...

She is such a pretty girl, and I love her name! It looks like you are just in love with her. Can't wait till my guy gets here.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

What a pretty dress for a pretty baby. My mom sewed one for Savannah too, I loved it. Wish they could wear it more than once!! We loved your Christmas card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Merry Christmas!

OurHappyFamily said...

Oh... she's an angel and so, so beautiful! What a special day!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and thanks for the sweet comment about our card! Can't wait to see yours (we better be getting one, ha)!

the Smith's said...

You all look so great! That dress is darling! What a fabulous day!
Love you all!
Corissa

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness...she is a doll!! She has the most beautiful skin too. What a great keepsake for your mom to make the baby blessing outfits. It looks beautiful. I just LOVE the pictures of you and Steve with her. She is precious!!

Eardley Fam said...

She is a doll! What a neat tradition that your mom makes the blessing dress-so beautiful!

Kim said...

She is so beautiful. I love the dress, what neat thing for your Mom to make it! That is very special!