Friday, September 12, 2008

Steve...the Surprising Sweetheart

Our 10 year anniversary was last week and I was under the impression we were going to just have a nice dinner out...without the kids. Steve, who is not known for surprises (understatement), surprised me with a four day trip to Seattle. He sent me a really sweet e-mail, and told me he had flights and babysitting all arranged but he needed my help with renting a car, booking hotels and planning our activities! It's not that he isn't capable of doing those things, he just knows how good I am at it!
We had a fabulous time just being together and doing all the typical Seattle tourist things. We spent an evening down at the pier, went to pike's market (and drooled over the beautiful and CHEAP fresh flowers), visited Snoqualmie Falls, went to the music and science fiction museums, ate good food and shopped. Steve felt bad about the timing in regards to shopping...being this pregnant only allowed me to shop for my kids and my feet!
By the last day we were really missing the kids, especially Steve, and were really excited to come home to them. However, within about 30 minutes of being home, without the expected greeting from either of them, we wondered why we missed them so much! Sophie was beyond tired when we got home, which equals whiney, and Maxwell was playing x-box with his cousin, which equals zoned out! Even though we had just had a 4 day break from the kids we still managed to be exhausted and relieved when they went to bed that evening!
I won't go into all the mushy details about how much and why I love my husband, I'll just leave it at...I truly couldn't have married anyone else. He is perfect for me. And all of you who know him well, or even just know him, know exactly what I am talking about.





19 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy Anniversary. How nice to have such a wonderful surprise! It looks like you guys had a great time. You look so cute in all the pictures. You are one of the cutest pregnant women ever.
I know exactly what you mean about missing the kids and then coming home and wondering why. It is kind of funny.

Eardley Fam said...

Awww...what a sweetie and what a great surprise! You guys looks great! When are you due again? And what are you having?? Maybe I missed all that somewhere...??

Biddle Family said...

I love Seattle and would love a sweet get away with my husband.... maybe Scott could talk to Steve.. (hint hint ;-) Happy Anniversary! Glad you had fun. P.S. Are you REALLY pregnant???? you don't look it at ALL!!

Ashlee said...

10 YEARS! WOW! That's awesome that the un-romantic Steve would stretch himself so much as to do this for you! I'm sure you know how much I adore your husband (and, of course, you!)- you're perfect for EACHOTHER- not just him for you. Happy Anniversary! By the way- are you sure you're prego- I can't tell!

The Crazy Heads said...

You guys are so lucky, that is awesome that you got to get away before the baby is born.

April said...

I couldn't agree with you more (about Steve being perfect for you)!How great do you look?!!!
I am glad you had a great anniversary!

Kim said...

Oh how fun! Hapy Anniversary! You are so cute preggo and all trendy!!! I love it!

Amy said...

What a wonderful suprise!! Maybe there's hope for Todd (luckily he has many reedeming qualities, because he's certainly not a romantic). You guys are a great couple. I love all your cute clothes-- you look so great pregnant!

Nicole said...

What a sweet husband!!! Sounds like he did the hard part and left the fun part up to you too, that is good. You guys look so great and it sounds like you had a blast. You look gorgeous pregnant too!! I saw what you are thinking of naming your sweet little girl on Brookes blog...beautiful. Congratulations on 10 fun years, you two are such an amazing couple.

Kristen said...

Awh! Look at you guys, I love it, you havnt changed a bit, both beautiful and so in love!! Seattle sounds amazing. good job Steve!

Mitchell Family said...

He is such a great husband! You look so good, you have that motherly glow!! Cheesy I know, but true!

Five Silly Switzer's said...

What a wonderful hubby you have. I would love to be surprised like that. I bet it was tortue not being able to shop for yourself while you're pregnant. Then again I can't really even see your baby bump in the pictures. Not like anything has changed. You always look amazing while you are pregnant.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Um, Steve is a million times more romantic than Matt. But kudos to him for planning such a fun trip. He is a great guy, and a great husband I am sure!! And I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here... you look like you are about 15 weeks pregnant, not due next month!!! What are you having?? Will it be a surprise? We can't wait to meet little Payne clone #3.

jen said...

What a fun way to celebrate!! So glad you got away and had some fun in Seattle. Love all the pics...yes you are so beautiful and you do have an amazing husband. Congrats!!!!

Melissa Stadler said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! 10 years is a big deal so way to go! Looks like a fabulous time in beautiful Seattle. You lucky duck. You look beautiful Lyric!

Bradshaw said...

You look amazing, I can't believe you are 34 weeks! Happy Anniversary and good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy.

Susan

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! What fun. Can I say for how many weeks along you are, you look amazing! I can only dream of looking so cute so close to delivering a baby!

brooke romney said...

Your hair looks fantastic. You look better than ever. and, you really do have the second best husband ever (though when he bawled like a baby about you in testimony meeting, he had the first ranking for awhile.)

The Dale and Kris Shields Family said...

Hello There Lyric...it is so neat to see your family is beautiful as ever! I cannot believe how big Maxwell has gotten over the years! I saw you posst on the Stadler's blog and just wanted to say hello!

Kris Shields
dnkshields@gmail.com