Sunday, September 21, 2008

Art in the Park...or Fart in the Dark!



Steve's mom loves going to the annual art festival in dowtown Boise called Art in the Park. Her four sweet and sensitive sons, some of whom did not inherit her love of the arts, lovingly refer to it as Fart in the Dark! Grandma Pat especially loves taking some of her grandchildren each year to the children's art tent. They have so many really cool and totally free art projects for kids. Sophie and Emily were the last grandkids standing after the art projects so she and I enlisted them to join us to peruse the "big girl" part of the festival...shopping! Grandma bought each of the girls an adorable crocheted hat. Sophie really wanted a bright purple one but my fashion instincts caused me to talk her into the brown and orange one instead. I have a feeling her fashion instincts will soon be overpowering mine, but she is still very impressionable! By the way, the splotches of paint on Sophie's cheeks are actually pink ice cream cones from the face paint booth. So cute!

11 comments:

Kim said...

So fun! I love the hats!!! I want to go there one of these years!

Ashlee said...

Oh! I remember Art in the Park! There are some days I really miss Boise, as well as my awesome roomy!

Unknown said...

Fun!! You look great by the way!!!

jen said...

I love Art in the Park. Didn't make it this year. Love the little hats!! At least you can still talk Sophie into what you want. No such luck with Ruby anymore. I hope it's just a phase!!!

brooke romney said...

I Love it. You look so cute with your preg belly. I think you look great this time. Way to go. I miss seeing you. Hopefully you can come out our way soon, and Soph is darling!

Mitchell Family said...

That looks fun. You look awesome Lyric! I can't wait to see pictures of this baby when she gets here!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

That's so funny, because before I read what you wrote, I was thinking how Sophie's hat was to die for. Guess we have similar taste! Love your glasses too. Great accessories. By the way, there is a new little girl in our ward who looks EXACTLY like Sophie, at 18 months. It's eerie.

Kirk and Aly said...

I love how boys can always link everything to farts. I guess that is typical boy humor!

Brooke's comment got me thinking - you should come out for our So You Think You Can Dance Extravaganza! I've been practicing my dance moves for the occasion! We'd love to see you!

Rachel M said...

Your kids are so big and cute! And you are due so soon! WIll it be another look-alike? You look fantastic-not that I'm surprised!!
Tell Steve Hi.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I had to laugh at the title of this entry! That definitly sounds like something brothers would come up with! You're too cute!
Love,
Bonnie

Tara Fisher said...

Go Grandma Pat - what a fun day! I
just want to hug and squish Sophie, she looks so cute in her little hat.
I just have to tell you, you look smokin' hot right now. Maybe you should think about doing pregnancy modeling. I am dead serious, you look gorgeous!
Your kids are so cute. I love the pictures of them on the first day of school. They sure now how to strike a pose.
Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog, I needed that.
Next year you definitely need to come to SYTYCD with us. You would love it. We miss you guys! Take care.