Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Some of you may have noticed that I have been mostly absent from the blogging world lately. I have only written a couple of posts and have not made my usual share of comments. Here are my excuses:

1. For the past 4 years I have made a Family Yearbook on Shutterfly. I started doing this because I really really can't stand to scrapbook, but I felt a need to display my pictures in some way. Problem solved. For the previous three years I completed each years book in January or February after the year ended, but this year it has taken me till May. I had all the pictures placed in the book and just needed to write in some captions, which usually come pretty easy to me, but I was coming up blank each time I would open shutterfly.com to start working my magic. After a couple of months of this I finally enlisted Steve's help. Steve and I were immediately on a roll, feeding off each other, and before long (1 1/2 hours) the book was done. Next year Steve is on the initial caption committee! Now why is this an excuse for not blogging? Because every time I decided to spend my extra time on the computer I was staring blankly at my shutterfly book...not blogging!

2. If I wasn't spending my extra time on my Family Yearbook I was over pondering (some may call that overanalyzing) decoration ideas, food options, and jewelry and shoe ensembles for the weddings and joint reception of two of my little sisters. Cali is getting married on Friday, May 30th and Hilary is getting married on Saturday, May 31st, both in the Boise Temple, then they are having a joint reception on Saturday evening. I am so excited...if you can't tell!



3. This is the excuse that is actually most to blame for my absenteeism. I have these crazy hormone levels right now...because I'm pregnant (16 weeks along)...and for a short time have lost motivation to do anything that isn't necessary or nature-loving (what the?). I am finally over the first trimester, and thankfully I don't get sick, but I was very fatigued and exhausted, which explains the concept of not having motivation to do anything that isn't necessary (necessary to me means cleaning, exercising and taking care of my kids), but the nature-loving thing was new to me. I have never had blues during pregnancy, actually I don't know if I have ever had blues for more than a two hour period, but I definitely had them the last couple of months. Along with the blues came this lack of motivation, accompanied by a desire to simplify my life. I lost all desire to decorate my house (that's huge), buy new clothes (even huger). I have never cared about cars, but I started being more attracted to older cars, I thought women who wore less make-up and less trendy clothing were more attractive, I just wanted to ride my bike everywhere to not consume fuel and to be in nature, and gardens and flowers, which were never my thing, are suddenly so interesting to me. The last couple of weeks I have started to shift back to normal, but I think (and hope) some of the simplification, nature-loving changes are permanent. Below are a picture of Maxwell (first picture) and Sophie (second picture). I thought I'd show you what our third child will most likely look like, seeing as we create clones! The due date is November 4th, but because both my kiddos have come a week early, which puts us at Halloween, my doctor said I could induce earlier.


31 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Congrats Lyric!!! I am so excited for you!!! I can't beleive how much those two picts of your kids look alike!!! That is so funny!!! I love it!!! I am so excited for you! I would like to see your shutterfly books...I am trying to get my last years one done...but I choose to do the opposite of you...blog blog blog...instead of putting all those blogs into a memory book!!! Anyway, congrats! Can't wait to seethe new little one!!!

April said...

I am soo glad you are back! I am also happy about the babe! It stinks to be sick and low on energy all the time. I am glad you are getting back to the crazy Lyric we all know and love(we'd love a new one if you did stay all naturey). Hopefully I'll see you at the weddings. I am happy for both of them!

Jami said...

Lyric--that is fantastic!! I am very excited for you. I can't imagine you pregnant, I am not sure where you will put that belly!!! Let me know if you need anything!!!!

The Ayers Family said...

That's some exciting news! It was really sad there for a while to not see anything new on your blog... but I forgive you now. Those are some great excuses!

Amy said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I have to tell you, (I really wanted to talk to you after church on Sunday, but didn't get a chance) you're cute Max outed you in my primary class on Sunday. I always start my class by asking if they have anything exciting to share - something that happened that week, news, etc.- well one of the other kids raised their hand and said, "my mom's going to have another baby" and Max perked up and said, "My mom's having a baby too, she's already growing it". It was so cute... he's awesome! Anyway, CONGRATS!! I've never heard of "earthiness" as a pregnancy sympton, but it kind of makes sense :) I'm glad you're getting some energy back... hopefully it's smooth sailing from here. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do!

jen said...

I am so excited for you!!! Those pictures of Sophie and Max are so cute. I can't believe how much they looked the same because I think they look so different now. Hopefully you will start to feel better!! I can't believe Hillary is getting married. That is sooo neat. I will have to tell Ben's family. Congrats on being pregnant. It's so fun to have so many ladies in the ward being pregnant!!

Jamie Christensen said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!! That is so exciting. I'm glad your back to the blogging world. I love reading your blog and seeing how much your kids have grown up. Braden still talks about Max and keeps asking when we will see him again.

Jamie Hammond Photography said...

congratulations lyric! i'm so excited for you! you have to post when you find out what it is!

my lil sis is also getting married this spring, and i thought being photographer would get me out of any planning, but somehow they keep asking me to plan stuff too! i've been to lots of weddings, but i'm definitely no LYRIC!!

Unknown said...

WOW lyric!
I am almost as excited for you as I am myself! Your about a month and a half ahead of me.. are those 2 seriously 2 different pictures!!!???
SOO HAPPY for you.. I know all about that lack of motivation, make-up, all that fun stuff but luckily for me I have been so sick... I hate that..

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Congratulations! :) So fun! I felt the EXACT same way with the lack of motivation to do ANYTHING. It is funny how even getting on the computer to check email/blog was like a big chore and I had no desire to do anything but sit and lay. :) I didn't get the nature symptom, but I did get all excited about recycling for some strange reason and started to incorporate that a little bit. I am glad you don't get sick, that makes it much more manageable! Wow- sophie & max's pictures, I can't believe how much they look alike! Very exciting news! Nov. 4 is my birthday, so great day! Although I am with you, enducing a week early sounds great, that's what I plan to do as well!

Jenni said...

Congrats Lyric! It is incredible how many people are pregnant right now in the ward. So fun, we are going to see babies, babies, babies!
I have been in a blogging rut but I don't have any good excuses like you.
Those pictures are so much alike I can't believe it. Sophie is just a little more feminine but other then that they are twins!
I feel like it has been a really long time since I have seen you. We need to get together.

Erin said...

congrats payne fam! that's exciting! are you planning on going to AZ in June?! if so, we'll see you there (I'm missing the sun & warm...okay HOT weather!)

Nead Family said...

Lyric....Congrats on the pregnancy!!! Those baby pics are too cute!! I can't believe how much they looked alike!! Are you gonna find out what you're having? Oh, this is exciting!!! Happy pregnancy!!!
Love, Summer

Biddle Family said...

WOW lyric!
I am almost as excited for you as I am myself! Your about a month and a half ahead of me.. are those 2 seriously 2 different pictures!!!???
SOO HAPPY for you.. I know all about that lack of motivation, make-up, all that fun stuff but luckily for me I have been so sick... I hate that..

sorry my bro-in-law was signed in

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh Lyric, Congratulations! I was so happy to see a new post, I've been missing you :) Im so glad to hear you dont get sick. thats huge, I cant wait to see pics of the new one..and I CAN NOT beleive the baby pics, they look like the same baby!! Also, quick shoutout for the shutterfly books..LOVE THEM! Good for you for staying on top of it!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Ok this will be a long comment! First of all, HUGE congrats from the Porters on baby #3. We have been anticipating the news for a while!! If #3 is anywhere near as cute as your first two, we're in for a treat. 2nd, double reception sounds like a TON of fun. Your poor mom though must be going nuts. 3rd, I'm so glad to hear that you hate scrapbooking too. I thought I was the only mormon woman on earth that thinks it's lame!! Miss you tons.

OurHappyFamily said...

Ha... I was wondering what happened to you! I'm SO excited with your news! You sure have cute kiddos so keep them coming!!

You are also a wonderful mother with endless talent. I would LOVE to see your finished project! I hope the energy stays... I hear ya about being exhausted! Have a good week!!!

Kim said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. We've missed you but I understand. It really is crazy what clones you make! That really is so great! And welcome back!

The Crazy Heads said...

Lyric, I am so happy for you guys. Are the kids excited too? I just had a little boy in January (Oscar) and we just found out that we will be adding another one in December. Yep, we are crazy! Well, congrats and I hope you feel better. The sickness hasn't quite hit me yet, I am only 8 weeks.

Nicole said...

Yeah congratulations!! I think we are a week apart on our due dates it sounds like (Oct 28th for us). I understand completly on not wanting to do the things like cleaning, decorating, feeding the fam, etc. The 1st trimester, not so much fun!!

I couldn't get over how much Max & Sophia looked alike in those pictures. At least there are no worries on if you get a funny lookin one huh?! Your babies are the cutest things ever! Take care and Congratulations...what have we got ourselves into?!?!

Michelle said...

Where do I begin? First of all, I can't believe that is NOT the same baby. They are so cute, you are so blessed.

Second, shame on me for having no idea you are pregnant. CONGRATULATIONS! I promise to be a much better VT.

I am glad that you are feeling more like yourself. I wish I could have been able to peek in on you huging a tree.

brooke romney said...

FINALLY you spill the beans!!! Yahoo! We are so excited for you. Hope you got my message tonight. I miss you. And, please tell HIlary I'm in love with her invite...she looks beautiful and they seem to be a perfect pair. So fun!

Hanson Family said...

Congrats Lyric and Steve! Jaime mentioned something when I talked to her last, but she couldn't remember the details, and I KNEW you would blog about it so I came here to find out! :-) She also mentioned something about Bekah, too? You guys just have to do everything together, don't you?? I am so excited for you! Welcome to the world of 3--it's a doozy. :-) I can't wait to see you guys--hopefully in August for sure when we come for Jaime's reception. Again, congrats--we are so excited for you!

Allison said...

Your kids' baby pictures are so cute. You can definitely tell them apart by their eyes, though. Congratulations again! We're so happy for you.

Eardley Fam said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Gotta love those hormones and pregnancy making you feel icky..Glad you are feeling better though!!Can't wait to see clone #3. And happy you are blogging again!

The O'Briens said...

Oh my! Congrats. That is such great news. Your track record on beautiful babies is 2 for 2 (and nearly identical). I'm sure the third will be no different. We're sad that we can't get away for the receptions, but have a great time and wish the brides and grooms good luck from us!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you! However, you still don't look pregnant at all!
Not fair!!!

Bradshaw said...

Congrats Lyric! I am so happy for you. And tell your sisters congrats too, family weddings are the best. Take care,

Susan

Rachel said...

I totally missed this post a month ago! I got on your blog today wondering where you had been, and then I find out that you are pregnant. That explains it.

Congrats to you! I hope you have a great pregnancy for the remainder of it. You are probably a really cute pregnant person.

Michelle said...

Congrats!!

Heather said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations you guys -- and wow, you do create clones. Look at those two baby photos - what a crack-up!