Thursday, February 28, 2008

Allyson's Apron!


I hope it isn't lame to send a thank you card via blog, it's just that I want everyone to see this work of art by my friend Allyson. She handcrafted this fabulous apron as a birthday gift for me, and she has made her fair share of aprons for other people as well. Notice the flare at the bottom, and the pockets, and the ribbon. She spared no detail. I am so excited to wear it. I threw it on for this picture right before heading to the gym, and if felt oh so right! And yes, I am trying to be sexy in this picture...I know, I'm not good at trying to be sexy! Allyson is probably my most talented friend in the seamstress department. I have tried to be like her several times, but each time I discover that I just really hate to sew, so that sewing machine I bought on e-bay just sits in the closet. Allison is one my most talented friends in the thoughtfulness department as well. She is one of those rare people (like my husband) who is almost always thinking of others rather than themselves. You're probably wondering how then can we be friends...opposites attract! She is also gorgeous and has four blonde daughters who have inherited her skinny, beautiful genes. What a lucky lot in life! She is also freaking hilarious. I better not fail to mention that she has wicked awesome hair!

Oh wait...that was from the mid 90's, this is her updated self portrait that I stole from her blog! I think those bangs rival the height of kid-n-play's hair. If you are younger than 30 you may not know who kid-n-play is. Also, you may not know who they are unless you watched Yo MTV Raps, like I did through high school!


Thanks Allison. You're a great friend. I know you don't like the spotlight but too bad!

16 comments:

Jamie Hammond Photography said...

alyson really is super mom and SUPER TALENTED! (and i love that she posted high school pics on her blog!)

Nicole said...

Cute, Cute apron. That Alyson is one talented chic in the sewing area. I envy her terribly in that area too. She is a great person.

Annette Larsen said...

Lyric, I adore your sexy pose. That is one adorable apron

Kim said...

I want an apron...that is seriously so cute!!! You are seriously so cute in it!!!

Amy said...

What an awesome friend... and I LOVE that apron, I was just "hinting" to Todd that I would love a cute apron. It looks good on you, I dig your your sexy pose.

Jami said...

Oh...I know Kid-n-play. Isn't is sad that we have friends that really probably don't!! :) Super cute!!

Kristen said...

That Apron is awesome, I love it..and I must say, you must be practicing your poses at night...Im impressed :)

Kristen said...

p.s. Its my grandma's house, she is a pretty cool lady, all though I have to say the green wall photographs better than it actually looks :)

brooke romney said...

It really is cute, and nice "sexy pose." Very impressed.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Lyric- I think the super cute sexy apron needs some fabulous red pumps to finish it off. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the apron!! Where can I get one? Hey, now we need to see a photo of you with in the 80's!
fun, fun, fun....

Anonymous said...

Woops, I left out the word, BANGS!

Kirk and Aly said...

Um, ...thanks? You were way too kind, but putting the awesome pictures of me is bound to make some jealous that I could get such height with my hair. You're awesome and did you ever know that you're my hero, and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings. (Yeah, Bette Midler sang that, but it came straight from my heart - tear, tear, sniff.)

BTW- Lots of people like your apron. I can send you the pattern and you could make them and sell them in a boutique. I heard those are fun. :)

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Hmm.. maybe I can convince my rockin' VT Allyson to make me one for my birthday this year! You look fabulous, darling. And I am going to second the request to see a pic of you with some sweet 80's hair!! =)

Anonymous said...

Ok...I love that hair! I miss the days of big bangs and lots of hairspray! I long for those days back..ok, I guess I shouldn't admit that, but I do! I had some pretty crazy bangs in the 90's! I really think my cousin tops your friends bangs, and also the crazy rapper kids bangs! I think I even have a picture somewhere to prove it! I will have to dig through some old photo's and the next time Steve comes to home teach I will have to send the picture back with him. Hey, you might want to frame it after you see these bangs! She used to go through a can of hairspray every couple of days...you would have to in order to keep those things rockin. Love the apron...you look way cute!

tara said...

i just want to say thank you.

i needed a picture of those bangs because i'm going to the nkotb concert and i was trying to decide to do my bangs that way, or the cotton puff way.

either way, great height! i remember spending hours with a bottle of final net to ensure i got just the right height.