Saturday, April 14, 2012

Birthday time for Daddy

I'm pretty sure Steve had a really fun birthday overall this year...but their was a moment I think he could have done without. He took the day off of work, which is always a most joyous occasion. We started out by eating the most amazing french toast for breakfast at Kneaders. We even let the kids miss the first hour of school, and buttered up their teachers by sending Max and Sophie to school with an ooey gooey cinnamon roll. Then my Mom watched Capri for a few hours while we went to a matinee, which is also a most joyous and rare occasion. For dinner we met Pat and Dick at a delicious restaurant in downtown Eagle...and this was the moment. Well, it was many moments, way too many moments. Our children, largely Capri, were not on their best behavior. This picture captures the climate at dinner perfectly. Steve finally couldn't handle it, and lost his cool a bit. I thought his birthday was going to end dreadfully, but I hit a homerun with the nightcap...a foosball table was waiting at home for him, along with all of his favorite dudes. I had all his favorite snack foods and beverages for all to share. They played foosball, halo on the x-box, more foosball, more halo, and I was downstairs enjoying a book and enjoying hearing my hubby act like a little boy. Did I mention that the culprits that caused his birthday meltdown were sleeping over at Grandma Pat's? Yeah...that was the best part!






1 comment:

April said...

What an awesome wife you are! Happy birthday Steve!