Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brothers Gotta Hug!

When I was pregnant with Capri, but before "it" was a she, Steve and I were discussing what we were hoping for. We already had a boy and a girl, so it wasn't a hot topic for either of us, but when asked I told Steve that I hoped it was a girl because then Sophie would have a sister. Steve stopped me and said, "I was hoping for a boy so Max could have a brother"! I love my brothers a lot, but there is just something about a girl having sisters, and I have five of them so I should know. Steve says the same thing about his brothers. They were normal brothers growing up...lots of teasing and the occasional violent episode, but they are such great friends now. They play tennis and have lunch with their Dad every Wednesday at noon, which I think is such a perfect tradition. They go on a big backpacking trip nearly every year. They have so much fun together. I actually love hanging out with Steve's brothers because they are so funny and full of life. They are all very intelligent and interesting and curious. Just a nice brood of boys I would say! Although I'm happy Sophie has a sister, seeing Steve with his brothers does make me a tich (that's a word I think I might have made up) sad for Max. My Dad would tell me that means I should have another, but I'm only a "tich" sad...I'll get over it!


2 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

I know how you can fix that.......more kids, more kids, more kids!!!!! and viola, Max can have a brother. come on, I mean 3? You two parents are WAY too cool to limit yourself.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

You should have another. You make 'em too cute to stop at 3 :)