Sunday, November 15, 2009

Meet Mr. Dot



Freckles are a funny thing, it's even a funny word. Say it out loud a few times and you'll probably chuckle in agreement. I have talked to many people who have no love for their freckles or have bad memories of their younger more prevalent freckle days. As a child I had the spattering of freckles, you know the freckles across the nose and cheeks with the occasional cluster throughout other parts of the face. I loved my freckles. My Mom always told me that people with freckles don't get acne. I'm not sure where she got her information and I really don't know if it's true or not, but I bought into it completely, and I really didn't get much acne, even during puberty. I also have very fond memories of adults looking down at me and expressing their love for my freckles and my cute little button nose. I really didn't give my freckles too much thought, but when I did they were adoring thoughts. Now I understand that some people have more than just the spattering of freckles, in fact, my own Maxwell has more than what I would consider a spattering, so to each their own freckle feelings, but I do know that I am completely endeared to Max's freckle face. Don't get me wrong, I think an olive skinned, spot and blemish free child is absolutely beautiful, but seriously, look at that little cropped picture of my cuddlebug and to me there is nothing more adorable (inlcluding the crazy 2nd grade teeth...I'm admitting my bias)! I want to make sure he loves his freckles as well, so ever since these little splats of pigment started arriving on his nose (around age 3) I started telling him how much I love them. I haven't shared the acne angle yet! I would count them each night and he loved it. By the age of four I had lost count, but I still pretended to count and would always stop somewhere around 100, and it was around that time that I found my favorite. Meet Mr. Dot! Do you see the almost perfectly round freckle below his right nostril? It's a little bit bigger and a little bit darker than the rest. To me it is the epitomy of the perfect freckle. I no longer count his freckles, but nearly every night I give Mr. Dot a kiss, and Maxwell loves it. Sophie started to feel left out, so we found Mrs. Dot, who resides at the top of her neck. It is probably even more of a perfect freckle than Mr. Dot, but it's kind of in a ticklish spot so I'm not really allowed to give it kisses, unless I steal them, which means it doesn't get the same attention from me as Mr. Dot, and usually falls off my freckle radar!

8 comments:

Jennece said...

That's funny! I have a few fruckles and didn't get hardly any acne, my friends all hated me!:) Hope you are feeling good. Do you need some talk time you can call anytime!

brooke romney said...

So cute! Parker is going to be my freckle boy! HOw are you doing? Loved chatting with you!

Wendy Sousley said...

I have more then a spattering of freckles, and hardly ever had acne, maybe there is somthing to that. It gives me reason to like my freckles! Thanx for the insight! Your kids are so lucky to have you!

Jen said...

OHH man I have freckles and never really loved or hated them. I didn't have much acne either. Your momma was right about that apparently. Hope everything Is alright at your house. I like his freckles too!

Alison said...

I just found out you had back surgery! I don't know where I have been. Can I do something for you? Do you need me to watch your kids or bring you dinner. Let me help you in some way that will be helpful. I don't want to be annoying, but I really do want to help(: I hope your feeling better, and I love Max's freckles. I think they add to his spunky little personality! I love my little ones freckles too, they really grow on you(:

Amy said...

Those are some pretty cute freckles!! Unfortunately your mom's theory must not have applied to our family - both my bro and sis had lots of freckles and lots of acne. I hope you're feeling okay! I told Steve, and I MEANT it, if you need a place to drop Capri ANY TIME bring her over. I know two little boys who could definitely keep up with her busy-ness and would have fun.

Nicole said...

You are just the cutest mom EVER!! I think Mr. Freckle is just adorable!! He is the cutest kid anyway & the freckles just add to his cuteness!

The Merrell Family said...

Hey! I love freckles too!! You are so right about not having acne. At least I never did :) What a great angle to take on freckles.