Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My BABY sister got married!

The youngest of our gaggle of 10 Smith Kidz (my Dad's license plate says "10 kidz") just got hitched...well she got hitched several months ago, but I finally have the pictures to show you. She was an extraordinarily beautiful bride. And Brennan, our newest in-law, was dashing. It was an amazing experience to be in the temple with my parents and every one of my siblings. I could tell by the tears streaming down her face that it was a very special moment for my Mom, as well as my Dad. I can only imagine what that might feel like. I hope I experience it someday.





I think it was on my wedding day that this tradition of having all the boys sweep the bride up and lay her horizontal started in the Smith family. It is a very uncomfortable tradition, but is always good for a laugh!




This is a snapshot from the reception in which I look like I am forcing my eyes open wider to look like I am so well rested, Steve isn't even attempting to look awake and Capri was so sick we almost took her to the hospital later that evening!


I included two "sister" pictures because everyone except me looks great in the first one (I must be laughing at a joke that the others didn't get!) and I think I look better in the second one, which is WAY more important!



"The Line" stayed busy all night long. I guess that's what you get when you combine two hugely likeable, popular, charming, successful and gorgeous families...maybe I should have stopped at two HUGE families!


The reception was a collaborative effort of LOTS of people, but for some reason I took ownership and have bragged about it to anyone that will listen! It was a beautiful evening, with yummy food, gorgeous flowers, pumpkins, silhouettes, candy at the exit, and lots of people who all shared in celebrating Cassi and Brennan. I was so happy to help make it a special night for them, as well as for my parents.









13 comments:

April said...

Cassie's wedding looks like it was amazing! My family all thought it was the best! I wish I could have been there. It's funny to look at the pics and recognize some of your things. You guys did a fab job!

Jenni said...

What a beautiful bride and beautiful family. the reception looked great. That gym looks INCREDIBLE! You wouldn't even know it was at a church. You did such a great job. Those pictures that show the ceiling with the tables are great. You have every right to brag about it!

Jen said...

wOWZER lYRIC! YOU ARE amazing girl! that was beeeutiful! Your sister is just as pretty as you - Lucky duck!

Hilary Jorgensen said...

You did a bomb diggity job on that reception.

you forgot to post the sexy face picture. andy noticed that you're making the same face in that picture that you are in another sexy face picture. maybe he's looking at you too much.

Anonymous said...

Your sister looks absolutely beautiful. Together as a couple they look completely and totally joyous. And of course why wouldn't they be - you did an amazing job and it looks absolutely stunning. Bragging rights are deserved indeed!

Jennece said...

I love what you did for the decorations, you are amazing! I love the creativity and all the little details, Love it! I hope your sister knows how lucky she is.

Nicole said...

WOW WEEEE!! What a gorgeous wedding. I LOVE the colors, decor, everything. You have such a gorgeous family!

I would REALLY like to see that "traditional" picture of you on your wedding day! Post it would ya! =)

Amy said...

What a beautiful reception!! You would be the most amazing older sister to have when planning a wedding. You sis looked GORGEOUS!!

Alison said...

Awesome job! I have been waiting to see that(: I am so glad you blogged it! You have a beautiful family too.

Kirsten Brockner said...

Glad you posted these.. The white pumpkins looked great! You did a really nice job. That is the best I have ever seen a church gym look!Your sis was very lucky to have you! Looks like you have an amazing, beautiful family

Brooke Romney said...

WOW !!! You really should do that for a living...too bad your husband makes too much money for you to need to work! It really is gorgeous. I love it, and tell Cassy that she looks ever more beautiful than I imagined!

Alys n Kin said...

I love those pictures. I'm so glad I was able to come up there for the wedding. I especially am jealous of the big green tractor!

Kristi Hamilton said...

Just looking through your blog and I can't believe how incredible the church gym looks for the reception. Wow! You did an amazing job. Where were you back when I got married?