Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cousins are the Best!!

I have lots of cousins, several of whom are some of my dearest friends. I am so grateful that my kids have lots of cousins, and am sure they will be dear friends as well. I didn’t get to live by cousins after we moved to Kansas in 3rd grade, so a I am also grateful we get to live so close to cousins – the closest being a 5 minute bike ride!! Here are a few recent excursions with cousins.


While the dads and older cousins were away on a week long backpacking trip, the rest of us partied in Sun Valley.
Not a bad plan would you say?

Emily (6) became Sophie's favorite buddy and caretaker.
I think we have a future babysitter fast approaching.

Maxwell and Elle boating at Lake Cascade.
Elle is such a sweetheart.
I have a feeling Maxwell will be dating her friends in 10 years!!

Sophie and Sicily at a condo in beautiful Donnelly, Idaho.
These two cuties play so well together.
I have a feeling they will be dating the same boys in 13 years!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It is great to have close cousins!!!

April said...

Oh how I loved my Smith cousins! I still do! I loved that even though we didn't see eachother much, we could just pick up where we left off the last time we were together. I always felt ripped off when you guys left us for Kansas! Your kids will have the best memories with their cousins, just alot more since you live so close! Hope all is well with you all!

Nicole said...

Cousins are the best, they are like your brothers and sisters close best friends forever! I am glad you live so close to them and the kids sure seem to love them. Cute pictures!

brooke romney said...

Those pictures are great, but really, are your cousins better than us??? Our group is slowly dwindling and we are missing you guys!

Ashlee said...

I just read Ape's comment and it's exactly what I had planned to say- we all were ripped off when you moved! At least I had the chance to hang out with you in college, and again when we were roomies in Boise. It seems like yesterday, and yet it doesn't- if that makes any sense. Anyway, diddo ape again- your kids are lucky!

luke g said...

Lyric,

first of all, your mom is trying to copycat the "faser" (steve will explain)...love the scooter.

second of all: max is huge! and we didn't even recognize the sophia! she is a big girl now

here is our blog: lukeandmeghanngambee.blogspot.com

good hearing from you guys