Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Skipping Woodys



I decided that it has been way too long since I have been a member of a non-performing band (I think Lemon Chug was the last), so I created one. We are called the Skipping Woodys, and the trio includes myself, Kelli Jelinek and Brooke Romney. I should just let you contemplate this name and not tell the story behind it, because I know there are some of you, without naming names (Mike Romney, Sally and Rusty Jones, Tara Fisher, Alexis Brown, Alyson Nielson...yes Alyson, you are officially grouped with the pervs), who might think this band name has some sort of sexual innuendo. Get your minds out of the gutter...all of you. This band name is nothing of the sort. It comes from a majorly fun weekend the three of us shared in the great state of Idaho. At the end of the trip we decided that the two most quotable quotes from this party weekend were:

(1) "I need some more wood in this room" (said while decorating my living room till 3 am)
-Kelli Jelinek-

(2) "Skipping is so underated " (said randomly)
-Brooke Romney-

Hence the name Skipping Woodys.

Two of my best friends, Brooke and Kelli, flew to a hick state just south of Canada to visit poor little ol' me. Talk about great friends. I actually think they really liked Boise, and will hopefully spread the good word so we can have more visitors come our way. We had such a fabulous time. We ate some great food, we transformed my living room from blah to chic (pictures will come in a future post when it is officially complete) most of which happened after 1 am, we had soul to soul talks, also until the wee hours of the morning, we laughed, and we skipped. I was so sad to see them leave, as were my kids, who adore them, and my husband (although they may not have felt the love, it was surely there). Loves to them both.

The picture of the three of us in my car shows how devoted they were to me and my decorating project. We drove nearly 30 minutes with a jungle in Kelli's face and a wicker and wood chair (Kelli got her wood) caging Brooke in. It was a sight to behold!

11 comments:

Kirk and Aly said...

I don't know if I should be honored, mad or confused that I am included in that grouping, but I have to admit 'skipping woodys' didn't make me think of how great skipping around is... Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to see pictures of your decorating! BTW, you guys look fabulous, thanks to the Brooke and Kelly Modeling 101 class.

brooke romney said...

It was sooooo fun. Thanks for everything; the gorgeous acommodations, decorating lessons, late night chats, great food, the North End...give your kids a big kiss for me, and Steve a bear hug. He is the greatest. Mike's just happy that he isn't ALWAYS superman, but almost always. Oh, and I want you to blog about Max listening to the Book of Mormon for hours. It is hilarious.

Kelli J said...

You know it's a good weekend when you almost pee your pants from laughing at least twice a day. The pictures do not do it justice. Don't worry Alyson I was right there with you on 'skipping woodys' -Even with knowing the story behind the name. I must say, it is a difficult task keeping those two on the straight and narrow but I'm up for the challenge. Lyric, I can't wait to do it again!

Nicole said...

You guys are DIRTY!!! I am shocked!!! =) hahaha Have to admit...a little sleezy thought flew through my head when I first read the title, thank goodness for the explanation!!!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

just because i was willing to pay for your sluts does not mean that i'm a perv! ok ok who am i kidding.

Jamie Christensen said...

We need to see more pictures of the inside of your house. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun.

Melissa Stadler said...

Hey Lyric - you little cutie! It was such a fun surprise to see your name come up on my blog. However, I have been blog stalking you long before you found me. :)
You have such a fun life and I am so glad to see that you took that trip with your friends that we talked about months ago before you moved. Yeah! :)I love that you are still keeping in touch with all of your great friends in AZ.
Your blog is so fun and I love reading stories about your adorable kids and of course your exciting adventures as a Mom. You are so awesome Lyric!!! :)

Chelsea said...

Hey you! I saw your name on Melissa's page and I knew I only knew of one Lyric! So you guys are in Idaho now!? How sweet of your friends to come visit, that is awesome. Your kids are so cute, I cant believe how much little Max has changed just since we were in the same ward! and your little girl... I think I may have only seen her as a baby! CUTIES!

brooke romney said...

Hey. Still waiting to see the final product. Do we need to come down and help you again already???

OurHappyFamily said...

Well hello beautiful. . . I was so excited when I found you!(This is Hillary from the old ward when we lived in the Gardens) :) You look just a beautiful as I remember and oh my heck are your kids adorable! I couldn't believe Max. . . last time I saw him he was just a little thing going on walks with you guys! Your home is beautiful and I'm so happy to hear things are going so well. You can find us at:
www.curtisandhillary.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyric, this is Alesha Russo, Kims friend, yes? Hope it's okay that I added you to my blog. I think we all need to go out again, I had a lot of fun!