Sunday, November 27, 2011

Capri-isms (some borrowed from siblings)

I must record these Capri-isms before I forget them, because they should provide some good laughs for many more years to come!

At the beginning of every prayer Capri says, regardless of whether it is at mealtime or not, is a statement similar to one many adults use..."please bless this food to nourish and strengthen our bodies", and honestly I've never paid really close attention to it...until this morning. I now know what she is saying, and I had to hold the laughter in. "Please bless this food so it won't break our bodies."

This next Capri-ism actually started with Maxwell and all three of my kids still say it to this day. The only time the word privacy is ever used in our home is in regards to the bathroom, which will help you understand how "private seat" is used in place of "privacy".

I love listening to children sing songs, because often times the lyrics are new and improved. One of my favorite lyrical changes made by Capri is to the Primary song "I Love to See the Temple". The first verse ends with "this is our sacred duty", but Capri sings, "this is our secret beauty". True too!