Thursday, November 4, 2010

Can you say "mid-life crisis"?

Really I don't need to add words to this blog because these pictures explain much more than any words could, but I am a woman of many words so I'll do a bit of journaling. Brittany Johnson and I decided it was time for a party, and Halloween was the celebratory time of choice. We had an amazing dinner, but before dinner was officially served Steve and I made our debut as Axl Rose and Slash from the hair band "Guns 'n Roses". When everyone arrived in costume they were quite upset to see their hosts in street clothes. Steve and I pretended to be in a little tiff about our costumes, a tiff which led to a supposed costume protest! As everyone was sitting down to dinner we discreetly slipped away and put our costumes on in record time. We then strutted down the hall to the "Welcome to the Jungle" guitar intro and then lip synced like Simon Cowell was judging! The funniest part about this whole episode is that it was Steve's idea to surprise everyone with our costumes. I love it when he gets a little wild hair, because then I don't feel so immature! I was so impressed with everyone's costumes, and am so glad we got pictures to capture the moment.















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this will have to be our new Halloween tradition (that and all the decorating)! I'm only wondering how on earth you are going to top Slash and Axl?

Brooke Romney said...

That's it. We're findng a job in Meridian Idaho. You guys rock!

Kim said...

I love the costumes!!! They are the best! Seriously awesome!