Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Howdy Partner!





Maxwell went to a kickin' birthday party for his cousins, Spencer and Emily, that had a cowboy theme. I heard from his grandma that he refused to get on the miniature pony. Steve has a fear of horses that must be genetic and is passed from male to male. Grandma even tried to bribe him with $100 and failed. This is a huge bribe denial for Max because he has been saving to buy the Lego K-19 Droid Carrier (sad that I know the name!) which he has seen in his Lego catalog is just over $100, and 25 cents a chore is not getting him there fast! I asked him why he wouldn't get on the horse and he explained that horses can buck you off. I guess he didn't compute that a two foot fall while going 2 miles an hour wouldn't have been very harmful! He still managed to have a really really great time at the party and came home with this cowboy hat as a party favor. We all took turns trying it on. I think Capri wins in the "Adorable in a ganster sort of way" category. Sophie wins in the "I look like a rodeo queen" category. And I win in the "This picture is way too zoomed in and at the wrong angle" category!

4 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

I love all the pictures...everyone is so cute! Parker is not into horses either, but for Max to pass up $100 is pretty serious!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

That is cute, I love your pix I don't think you have a wrong angle! :)

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

oh i just want to squeeze all of them!!! tell them to watch out cause aunt lexi is coming in one month and doesn't know if she'll be able to restrain herself from squeezing them. too cute, they're just too cute.

Nicole said...

That gangsta cowgirl and her little gang are the CUTEST things ever! I just love your blog and those cute kids! Miss you guys!