Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sophie's First Love


What I'm about to share with you has been going on for many months, but it has officially been happening long enough to be concerned about. Sophie is in love...and he is an older man...and he is Maxwell's friend. She is so smitten that she actually seems to be getting attached to his family. This older man is on her mind all day long. She even dreams about him. Sadly enough, she thinks she is learning about him in nursery at church. I thought she said she was learning about Jesus when I asked her what her teacher taught her, but I misunderstood her 2 year old words. She was saying "JACE"! Even though we have not seen Jace since moving to Idaho three weeks ago, the feelings haven't faded. She asks about him several times a day. Each morning when we ask her what she dreamed about she says, "Jace". Now she adds that she also dreamt about Parker (Jace's little brother), Brooke (Jace's Mom) and Mike (Jace's Dad...who Steve also thinks is quite dreamy!) She even ran after a little boy at the park, who resembled Jace, screaming out his name in sheer excitement. That episode made me quite sad because I had to explain to her that we don't live by Jace anymore, and she'll probably be taller than him! I then had to explain to myself that I don't live by Jace either.

3 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

AAAHHH! I'm so glad she is not letting you guys forget us. We miss her so much too. You know, the lot next to ours just might still be open...although I don't know if you want any Romney boys by your sweet little girl--you know how thier dad is. Give your kids a kiss for us and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Kirk and Aly said...

I completely understand Sophie's feelings - Jace is a super hottie in the four year old world, and since when do girls not go for older guys! I'm all for arranged marriges, so keep encouraging it! That picture will look cute in their wedding video someday! I think you need to visit AZ soon though to keep their young love alive! :)

brooke romney said...

UMMMM...you are boring. Look at your blog-I want daily updates with house pics, lots of Hawaii bikini shots, and a few of your family's sad faces as you miss us so much!!