Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rare...and Not So Rare

RARE: Capri falling asleep without major coaxing, rock-a-byeing, book reading, and lullabying. This happened after church one Sunday and it was such a welcome event.



NOT SO RARE: Sophie helping with household chores. Thankfully, this is a very common occurrence around our home. Sometimes I just want to freeze her in time so this does not go away. She is always very willing to help and often times doesn't even need to be asked. Last Sunday Steve and I were attempting to take a little power nap and I heard some commotion in the kitchen, which I was able to drown out. When we awoke the dinner dishes were all safely in the dishwasher, the table was washed (even Steve misses that step!), and Sophie had moved upstairs and was working her magic on the bonus room. I hope my gushing over her helps her understand how much a Mom really loves this.



NOT SO RARE: Capri watching Sophie clean! It's not that Capri isn't capable of helping with certain chores, it's that Sophie always does it for her so she is learning to live a life of ease riding Sophie's coattails!

No comments: