Monday, September 20, 2010

Beach Time Baby

We loved our day at the beach, actually everyone else loved their day at the beach, but I was FREEZING. It wasn't really that cold, but a little breeze was blowing, and as soon as I am a little bit cold everything starts spiraling down. Somehow I can go from being a little bit uncomfortable to chilled to the bone and the temperature is in the 70's or 80's. Being buried in the sand was my favorite and warmest part of the day. Actually, watching the kids and Dads play in the sand and water was really my favorite part...when I stopped thinking about how cold I was! Luckily my kids are warm blooded so they thought it was the perfect temperature for frolicking in the water. Max especially loved it. He could have stayed there for many more hours, if his Mom wasn't such a frozen stick in the mud! Sophie loved playing in the sand but she didn't love being buried in the sand, with sand falling in all her facial orifices. Oh, I just thought of one more reason it wasn't my favorite beach trip. I had cut my finger in a blender pretty bad (yes, a blender) a week before our trip and had it in a little splint for protection and then it was all wrapped up with stretchy tape. The doctor said not to get it wet for two weeks so I covered it with a plastic bag and wound a rubberband around my finger, which led to purple finger syndrome! Not a big deal, just another reason in addition to my hypothermia to mostly avoid the water, which is not like me and made me feel like a party pooper!









3 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

Um, what is Steve's man hug picture? That is NOT his brother right? I'm cracking up. And, yes, my darling you are one of the many nut job friends I was talking about. Looks like a fabulous vacation. Sorry you were cold. I feel the same way at the beach!

Hilary Jorgensen said...

i love the beginning of the year when you have to blog a million times to catch up on things for your yearbook.

Nicole said...

You make one HOT mermaid!! =) LOL!! What a fun vacation.