Monday, March 22, 2010

Rollerdrome...We Own You!


The Johnsons, Terrys, Paynes and Weavers hit the only existing rollerskating rink in the entire Treasure Valley, which happens to be in my old hometown of Nampa and is right around the corner from the Arctic Circle I used to work at in high school. Can you say "glory days"? We really had so much fun and pretty much owned the rink that night. Jenni Terry and I were cracking each other up because we got our groove back really quick, doing the crossover on turns and keeping beat with the music! I know as a 35 year old mother of 3 I should feel at least a little bit out of place at a 5th grade hangout spot, but I actually felt super cool. That's one good thing about myself...I can feel cool pretty easily! Several of us made it to the final rounds of the limbo competition, and my graceful exit was even captured for posterity! My personal favorite part of the night was watching my husband and his buddy Jared wear their matching black and shimmering gold almost Ed Hardy shirts with pride. We finished off the night adult style and ate at a really good restaurant that 5th graders can't afford!



9 comments:

April said...

I went rollerskating a few months ago. I am still awesome too! I couldn't do that limbo trick in my glory days let alone now. You rock! Would Max have been proud or embarrassed? Mine get extremely embarrassed.

Amy said...

LOVE this!! How fun... I'm impressed you guys still 'got it' - especially the limbo! Back in my 5th grade days I skated all the time, but not sure I could do it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Love the post! That night was great fun and I still suffer from roller - phobia. It won't be to soon before I'm in roller skates again!

Jennece said...

You are such a teenager at heart!! You crack me up;) I don't think I have gone roller skating since my older kids where young many years ago, Ha.

the Smith's said...

You guys are so fun! I wish we lived closer so we could play too!!!
XOXO

Rebekah Coles said...

That shirt is TOTALLY Steve!

Brooke Romney said...

I LOVE it! Love Steve's shirt too...you must have picked it out and being twins with your best friend is always so fun.

julie thayne smith said...

Hi Lyric!!! Long time no see:)Fun post, you are so cute I love it and so fun to see your blast from the past! Also, I just LOVE the post on Max and his freckles, that was just so adorable and so darn cute! I love how you would count the freckles and then Mr. and Mrs. Dot, how precious! We sure miss you guys- hope we can see ya sometime soon! We should have a dental reunion and go somewhere really fun sometime!!!

Nicole said...

Could you guys be ANY COOLER!!! Seriously?!?!? Had we known about your mad roller skating skills we would have gone with you in AZ. Oh the days of roller skating...you just gave me a date night idea! Hope you guys are doing well. LOVED the pictures!