Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stay off the Sidewalks!!

For my Mom's birthday we all gave her a new scooter...yes, it's street legal...so watch out. Actually, she is one of the most annoyingly cautious drivers I know, so I'm not worried about her driving, I'm just worried about the drivers around her. She bought a bright yellow hunting vest to wear so she will be ultra visible to other drivers. I had so much fun picking this retro looking scooter out for her. I almost picked a bubble-gum pink color, but my Dad vetoed that choice just in case he ever took it out for a spin. Picture a 60 year old, 200+ pound man in dockers and a dress shirt on a pink retro scooter. How's that for a hilarious mental picture? Anyway, after practicing in parking lots for a few days, and getting licensed, she now drives this scooter quite often, and gets up to speeds of nearly 50. It actually will go a bit faster, but even I think that is kind of scary. No more gas guzzling beater Cadillac for her, at least for the summer.

12 comments:

April said...

Oh my heck! I love your mom on a scooter! That is worth a trip to Idaho! Does your dad ever go on it with her? Please put a picture of that on, especially with her bright vest.

jen said...

What a clever present to give!!! I'd die to see my mother riding around town on a scooter. I've noticed a lot more people using scooters lately. Ruby pointed out to me the other day a girl riding a cute light pink scooter and thought how cute!

The Ayers Family said...

I've been asking for one of those things for YEARS! I sure hope I don't have to wait til I'm a grandma to get one! Your mom looks so cute on it! How FUN!!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I love it. Now she just needs a little trailer to attach onto the back so she can put groceries and stuff in it!

Nicole said...

That is just so cool! I wish my mom drove a scooter & looked that Awesome on one! Great gift!

Anonymous said...

How Fun! Hey, that's acutally giving me some great ideas! Ha!
I'm curious, how in the world did
you guys come up with an idea like
that one?

Ashlee said...

I think that's about the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! You're mom's hilarious- bright yellow safety vest!

Mitchell Family said...

I think that is awesome! I can totally picture her cruising around on that. She will definitely be one that I look at and think, "ok I have to get one"!

Kirk and Aly said...

That's the cutest thing I've seen for a long time! What a fun family you are! Maybe I can make notes for my kids to use someday on cool present to get me.

brooke romney said...

You guys are cool, and love the yellow vest tip. I've always wondered who wore those...now I know.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

I can't wait till we all can go on scooter rides together! You need to start working on steve and talk him into getting one ;)

julie thayne smith said...

Lyric!!!! It's Julie Smith, I was blog surfing and found your blog, crazy huh!!! Anyway, so good to see what you guys are up to and I can't believe how much Max and Sophie have grown, they're adorable!!! Too bad about Max's arm,camping looked fun though! Also I sent Steve an email awhile ago about Morgan's B-day, but don't know if he still checks it anyway hope we see you guys sometime soon we miss ya love, julie,morgan&nixon